[Mb-civic] Iraqi Prime Minister Parrots Bush Talking Points
The Daily Mislead
latest at daily.misleader.org
Thu Sep 23 12:01:31 PDT 2004
THE DAILY MIS-LEAD
< www.Misleader.org >
IRAQI PRIME MINISTER PARROTS DISHONEST BUSH TALKING POINTS
Today, speaking before a joint session of Congress, Iraqi interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi parroted the Bush administration's talking points: "We are succeeding in Iraq." The facts on the ground, however, suggest otherwise.
Over the last year the number of insurgents in Iraq has quadrupled. Attacks on U.S. troops are up 100% since last winter. Major Iraqi cities such as Fullujah have become havens for insurgents and are completely inaccessible to U.S. troops. Security situations have stalled
reconstruction - Iraq still has less electricity than they did before the war. Even some Bush administration officials have acknowledged that elections planned for January may have to be delayed.
1. "Allawi Says Elections Will Happen as Scheduled," Washington Post, 9/23/04,
2. "Mission Still Not Accomplished," Time Magazine, 9/20/04, http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1136375&l=57886.
3. "Iraq: A Quantitative Assessment," Brookings Institution, 9/17/04,
4. "Green Zone is 'no longer totally secure'," Financial Times, 9/15/04,
5. "Iraq Power Grid Shows U.S. Flaws," Los Angeles Times, 9/12/04,
6. "Bush puts Iraqi leader forward," International Herald Tribune, 9/22/04, http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1136375&l=57890.
Visit www.Misleader.org for more about Bush Administration distortion. »
Subscribe to the Daily Mislead! Go to http://www.misleader.org and enter
your e-mail address in the "Receive the Daily Mislead" box in the
top-left corner of the page.
To unsubscribe send an email to latest at daily.misleader.org with only the
word "remove" in the subject line of your e-mail, or visit
http://daily.misleader.org/unsubscribe/ and follow the instructions
More information about the Mb-civic