[Mb-civic] Fw: Deep sea mysteries, clean energy and much, much more...

Harold Sifton harry.sifton at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 20 16:24:58 PDT 2004

            Greenpeace Canada Monthly Environmental E-news
           Issue Date: September 2004

            Take Action
            Send a free fax demanding clean energy Tell the Ontario government you want green power NOT nuclear power. Please let the Ontario government know that you support clean, safe, renewable electricity. Your message will be sent by e-mail and fax to the government as they consider changes to electricity generation in Ontario. Click here>>

            About Greenpeace
            Greenpeace is an independent, not-for-profit organization that campaigns to protect the environment. Founded in Canada in 1971, Greenpeace has worldwide membership of 2.5 million people and a presence in over 30 countries around the world. We work to safeguard our fragile planet through peaceful direct action, scientific research, political lobbying, market pressure and public education.

            To learn more about Greenpeace, please visit www.greenpeace.ca/e

            Questions, Feedback, Address Changes
            We love to hear from you. Please address any questions or comments to newsletter at greenpeace.ca or call our toll-free member services line at 1.800.320.7183

            To find out about jobs at Greenpeace, please click here>>

            Donate to Greenpeace
            To donate to Greenpeace's environmental campaigns, please click here>>

             Deep sea mysteries Biologists estimate that somewhere between 500,000 and 5,000,000 marine species have yet to be discovered, some dating back to prehistoric times. But these very species are in serious danger from the world's most destructive fishing practice - bottom trawling - and we are campaigning to stop this destruction before it is too late. To find out mor! e, please click here>>

            Greenpeace benefit concert and book launch party Some of Vancouver's most prominent activists, politicians, musicians, and Greenpeace supporters are uniting TOMORROW - September 21st - at the Commodore ballroom. You're invited! To find out more, please click here>>

            Greenpeace exposes BC energy policy Greenpeace activists carrying signs that read "Change Is In The Wind" presented a 30-foot tall wind turbine at the BC Power Summit, where government and industry representatives were meeting to work out the implementation of the province's new energy policy.
            Read the press release>>
            See photos from the action>>

      You are the heart of Greenpeace! Greenpeace activities have a high profile around the world, but there is another important side to us that doesn't get as much coverage - our supporter networks. We have almost 3 million supporters worldwide, and without them Greenpeace wouldn't exist. To find out more about Greenpeace supporters around the world, please click here>>

      THANK YOU FOR READING.
      GREENPEACE: TAKING ACTION FOR OUR FRAGILE PLANET.

      Greenpeace E-news is Greenpeace Canada's monthly environmental e-newsletter. Greenpeace members and cyberactivists like you are part of a global network of people committed to environmental protection. Thank you for your hope and dedication! This E-news highlights some of the important work made possible by your support.

      If you have been forwarded this e-newsletter and would like to subscribe, please click here>>

      Tell a friend about Greenpeace Canada Environmental E-news, please click here>>

Unsubscribe click here. Or reply to this message with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.