[Mb-civic] 60 Min

Harold Sifton harry.sifton at sympatico.ca
Sun Sep 19 17:07:30 PDT 2004

The Marines talk about the war in Iraq, the fight in the cemetery, looking into the eyes of each other. What they saw was someone, a man who fought for what they believed in. "So who is right, who is wrong" now concerns the Marines, but they are trained soldiers who follow orders and they do!

That is the gist of what I felt from the newsreel interview. At the end of the day, I feel that these Marines will really question their mission and feel that they were used wrongly for ulterior/political/corporate motives and therefore not defending America, but defending the American corporate/political way which is not their mandate!

A sad day then, eh!

Later H