[Mb-civic] Speeches Ignore Impending US Debt Disaster

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Wed Sep 15 00:04:19 PDT 2004

Re:  Speeches Ignore Impending US Debt Disaster

"An array of government and private analysts put the actual U.S. "fiscal
gap," which means all future receipts minus all future obligations, at $40
trillion (Government Accountability Office) to $72 trillion (Social
Security Board of Trustees)."

"It's a number that's so large that people find it implausible, and so
they don't think about it"

"What these numbers portend are crippling tax increases on workers, slashed
benefits for retirees, gutted budgets for homeland security, highways,
research and everything else, and an economic decline or a financial
collapse that devastates the middle class, as happened recently in
debt-strapped Argentina. Eventually, analysts insist, someone -- today's
children or tomorrow's elderly or both -- will pay this debt."

"Uncle Cheeseburger......!!!!"

"Yes, kids......"

"So that's how the revolution started....?"

"Yes, kids, that was the beginning......."

"Was it bloody....?"

"Yes, it was very bloody...."

"Was it terrible and did you hate it....?"

"Yes, kids, it was very terrible, yes, I hated it..."

"So who won, Uncle Cheeseburger....?"

"Uhh....  Uh, well...  Well, you see those little numbers that glow in your
arms....?"

"Yes, Uncle Cheeseburger, we see them, we like them..."

"Yes, I know you do, kids.  Well, after you grow up and go all through your
life and you get real old and sick and whatever and die, they are such
crooks, thieves, scoundrels, tyrants, and treacherously wretched
self-centered cheapskate lying traitors, that after you're gone, they will
carve those out of your arms and put them into some new little kids...."

"Ewwwwwwww...............!!!!"

"Ewwwwww.....  You're grossin' us out again, Uncle Cheeseburger...."

"Hehe...."

"Hehehehe....."

"Heh, yeah, well, it was a very gross time...  That's one reason there
isn't any pizza anymore.  We don't even have the money for pizza even if
there was some..."

"That pisses me off..."

"Yeah, me too..."

"Yeah, well, they cut out higher education finally for the poor in order to
finally breed complete ignorance into all but the most elite of the new
regime, so most people don't even know enough to even be pissed off anymore..."

"That's weird, Uncle Cheeseburger..."

"Yeah, I know...  They tried at the very last minute to have an Americathon..."

"Like in the movie, Uncle Cheeseburger...?"

"Yes, just the movie...  Lithuania bought the Empire State Building, France
bought the Statue of Liberty back, the Queen bought Las Vegas, Bahrain
bought Idaho, Bali bought Madonna and Michael Jackson, and, well, the list
goes on..."

"That didn't work, Uncle Cheeseburger....?"

"Well, no, after they got all the money for selling America to save it,
they just told everyone to go to hell and kept the money anyway..."

"Wow...."

"Yeah, they never change...  And that's how we got here..."

"Did you fight in the revolution, Uncle Cheeseburger..."

"Yes, yes I did..."

"Did you use an assault rifle....?"

"Well, no, by the time the revolution actually got into full swing, all
guns had been banned from America just like smoking, except in the hands of
what we now call The Choice Few, and of course The Regime and all its
little members..."

"So what did you use..."

"Well, by that time everyone on the bottom was so poor that all I had left
was a BB gun, a frying pan, and some Skittles..."

"What are Skittles, Uncle Cheeseburger...?"

"Well, Skittles, uh, Skittles are like Pizza except sweeter and harder..."

"Oh....."

"You're bogarting again, Uncle Cheeseburger...."

"Oh.....  fffffffwwwwssshhhhhhhffffffff...... (squeaky voice)
sorry....  here....."

"Thank you, Uncle Cheeseburger, ffffffwwwssshhhhhhfffffff......."

"But Uncle Cheeseburger, if we can't afford pizza, how come we can afford
smoke....?"

"Well, kids...  Uhh...  I've been meaning to have a talk with you about
that...  Some day you're going to find out anyway...  Well...  The truth is
is that your mama is kind of friendly with one of the guys in The Regime..."

"Oh...."

"You mean he's boppin her bacon, Uncle Cheesburger...?"

"Where did you hear that phrase...?"

"At school....."

"Oh, ok, well, anyway, yeah, he's doodling her dandelions, so we get free
smoke...."

"Do they have pizza at the top too, Uncle Cheeseburger..."

"Oh, yes, they have everything at the top..."

"Skittles too, Uncle Cheeseburger....?"

"Oh sure, Skittles, Pizza, you name it, they still have it at the top..."

"We got screwed, didn't we, Uncle Cheeseburger..."

"Well...  well, yes, yes we did, kids...."

"Is there going to be another revolution to come save us, Uncle
Cheeseburger.......?"

"Uhh....   Uhh...  Well...  Uhhh...  I'm workin on it...."

"Work faster, Uncle Cheeseburger..."

"I will, kids, ok, bedtime, night, kids......"

"Night, Uncle Cheeseburger...."

Click.

"I was thinkin' about mama boinkin' that Regime guy..."

"Yeah, me too...."

"It kind of freaks me out...."

"Yeah, I feel kind of weird too...."

"I think we should ask her to bring home some pizza next time..."

"Yeah, I agree a hunderd percent..."

"Night, Jimi...."

"Night, Judi......."

The cricket begins to softly chirp in its cage.......

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.