[Mb-civic] Fyi

Ian ialterman at nyc.rr.com
Tue Sep 14 10:30:38 PDT 2004

Richard:

Although your facts about Iraq are overwhelmingly correct, I'm not certain where you obtained the Qu'ran quote.  Not only does the word "eagle" not appear in the Qu'ran at all, but the word "Arabia" appears only once (and not in the context of your quote), and the passage you cite, as a whole, simply does not exist.  (I am happy to be proven wrong if you can tell me where to find it.)

There is only one passage in the Qu'ran that is numbered 9:11, and it reads: "But if they repent and are firm in devotion and pay the zakat, then they are your brothers in faith.  We explain Our commands distinctly for those who understand."

Peace.