ialterman at nyc.rr.com
Tue Sep 14 10:30:38 PDT 2004
Although your facts about Iraq are overwhelmingly correct, I'm not certain where you obtained the Qu'ran quote. Not only does the word "eagle" not appear in the Qu'ran at all, but the word "Arabia" appears only once (and not in the context of your quote), and the passage you cite, as a whole, simply does not exist. (I am happy to be proven wrong if you can tell me where to find it.)
There is only one passage in the Qu'ran that is numbered 9:11, and it reads: "But if they repent and are firm in devotion and pay the zakat, then they are your brothers in faith. We explain Our commands distinctly for those who understand."
----- Original Message -----
From: richard burns
To: richard burns
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 10:49 AM
Subject: [Mb-civic] Fyi
1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq.
2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was
cradle of civilization!
3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.
4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.
5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in
6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor,
7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.
8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is
9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered
tribes of Israel.
10. Amos cried out in Iraq!
11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed
12. Daniel was in the lion's den in
13. The three Hebrew children were in
in Iraq (Jesus had
been in Iraq also as the fourth person
14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw
"writing on the wall" in
15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon,
Jews captive into
16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.
17. The wise men were from Iraq.
18. Peter preached in Iraq.
19. The "Empire of Man" described in
Babylon,which was a city in Iraq!
And you have probably seen this one.
the nation most often
mentioned in the Bible. But do you know
nation is second? It is
Iraq! However, that is not the name that
in the Bible. The names
used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of
Mesopotamia. The word
Mesopotamia means between the two
exactly between the
Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name
country with deep
Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots
a very significant
country in the Bible.
No other nation, except Israel, has more
associated it than Iraq.
And also... This is something to think
Since America is
typically represented by an eagle.
have read up on his
The following verse is from the Koran,
Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a
Arabia would awaken a
fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle
felt throughout the
lands of Allah and lo, while some of the
trembled in despair
still more rejoiced; for the wrath of
cleansed the lands of
Allah; and there was peace.
(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?! God
you all Amen !
a ribbon for soldiers fighting in Iraq.
to everyone and pray.
Mb-civic mailing list
Mb-civic at islandlists.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mb-civic