[Mb-civic] Cheney Warns Vote for Bush or Die

The Daily Mislead latest at daily.misleader.org
Fri Sep 10 15:35:48 PDT 2004

===============================
THE DAILY MIS-LEAD
< www.Misleader.org >
===============================

CHENEY: VOTE FOR BUSH OR DIE

Campaigning in Iowa on Tuesday, Vice President Dick Cheney claimed that, if John Kerry was elected, America would be hit by a devastating terrorist attack. Cheney said, "It's absolutely essential that eight weeks from today, on Nov. 2, we make the right choice, because if we make the wrong choice then the danger is that we'll get hit again and we'll be hit in a way that will be devastating from the standpoint of the United States."[1]

Yesterday, Cheney - in a self-described effort to "clean up" the controversy over his remarks in Iowa - told the Cincinnati Enquirer, "I did not say if Kerry is elected, we will be hit by a terrorist attack."[2]

As Cheney's original statement makes clear, the Republicans have consciously adopted a strategy of using Americans' justifiable fear of a future terrorist attack as a political tool. For all the details, read the cover article, "Vote for Bush or Die," in this week's edition of The Nation at http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1136375&l=54551 .[3]

Sources:
1. "Cheney Warns of Terror Risk if Kerry Wins," New York Times, 9/08/04, http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1136375&l=54545.
2. "Cheney clarifies remark about terror threat if Kerry is elected," CNN, 9/10/04, http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1136375&l=54546.
3. "Vote for Bush or Die," The Nation, 9/27/04, http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1136375&l=54547.