[Mb-civic] Faith at Work

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sun Oct 31 19:11:24 PST 2004

Re:  Faith at Work

==========
Just when you thought you'd reached your capacity for being depressed about
your country...

_Click here: The  New York Times > Magazine > Faith at Work_
(http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/31/magazine/31FAITH.html)

Sigh...
Tom
_www.ThomasBSawyer.com_ (http://www.thomasbsawyer.com/)

==========

A really good article.

Read it if you get a chance if you are interested in these kind of
things.  Go look for more similar articles after you finish it.  Find out
what's really behind *some* of the masks of "Amen" and "A Gentle Touch" by
some of our new shining washed-clean Americans that "really care about
everyone".

That article is a relatively good look at the complete lack of subtlety
involved with the "New Christian Movement's" desire and ability to "Change
All Of America Into A Pure Christian Country", both religiously and
politically, and of course, within every other aspect of human life.

A "supreme mandate" of mainstream Christianity remains that taken from a
few verses in the New Testament, which binds all Christians to a "supreme
duty" to "Convert Everyone To Christ" as their foremost mission on Earth
above everything else.

I lived with this kind of crap from these kind of assholes for half a century.

Even when people who were *Not White* were not only =not= allowed in their
churches, ever, but were not even allowed across the railroad tracks that
runs down the center of town.

It's rather demonically refreshing to see it has now evolved into such a
religious scam that involves everything from corporate executives to
elected officials, and zillions of dollars.

And that their dream of "Converting America" continues to gain more money
and more people every day who believe that 70 percent of the Earth's
"non-believing" population are going to burn in the lakes of fire of Hell.

And that if they can not at least save them, the next best thing is to
dominate them completely.

And forever.

Or at least until Jesus comes back and kills them all.

Thanks again for that article, reminds me of a few hard lessons from my
childhood that I was given no choice but to learn the hard way.  Good to
see the same slimeballs are now manipulating much more cash and many more
people as they stare into a camera and state something like "Honest, God
Himself spoke to me, he said 'Chuck, I want you to build this bank
here...'" blissfully on their way to complete domination of whatever is
left of America and The World.

Yes, indeed, America's new "Taliban".

Throw in some Moonies, and, hey, we got a real party goin' here...

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.