[Mb-civic] come on guys

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sat Oct 30 00:10:21 PDT 2004

Re:  come on guys

Richard wrote:

========
blah blah blah
but the church was still the mileau out of which much great art and the
society of the time came
evil and horrible though it was
specific; galileo who was persecuted by the church
could not have amassed his body of knowledge that led him to the point of
being able to do his own research were he not schooled by the church
teachers etc who were responsible for most of the learning of the day
certainly leonardo di vinci ambulating as he did in the courts of his day
could not but have been intimately touched by the church and its people,
directly and indirectly; i am a big iconoclast, hater of organized religion
for the most part etc; but whats true is true; lot of beauty in the church
and connected to it; even if you say it pales besides the human misery
caused by the european church(es) and you may be quite right; im being
quantitative; anthropological was not making value or even aesthetic
judgement
==========

Geez, Richard, 3 days before a historic presidential election, and you come
out defending The Vatican and starting shit on purpose.

LOL..........

Am I supposed to expect anything else..?  Probably not.

It ***DOES*** pale beside the horror, tortures, inflictions, thefts,
murders etc that "The Church" committed.

I have already taken note of your objection to my opinion that "The Church"
can basically go fuck itself.

Anything else you need to know, just ask up.

Again, as far as "the church was still the mileau out of which much great
art and the society of the time came evil and horrible though it was..."

Fuck them.

Fuck anyone stupid enough to be ignorant enough to believe that all the Art
on all the Earth created in all the Centuries combined is worth one human
life in the process.

If you want to pimp out The Vatican or "The Church" as "all their
pro-actions negate all their con-actions", you just go right ahead, no
sweat off my ass.

I was just pointing out, again, that so much horror and death has been
created, nurtured, and promoted by "Organized Religion" throughout THE
CENTURIES, that it is phenomenal.

You were just pointing out that all the "Art" and "Advancements In
Civilization" were worth all those dead bodies.

You're being "quantitative", as you state above, and I'm being "qualitative".

I don't think the "quality" of what came out of "The Church" was worth one
second of misery it caused to create it or even just one human life.

But go ahead, Rich, do whatever you want.

Look at the pretty pictures on the wall, our Modern Society, our Legal
Systems, our Governments, etc.

If you think all *THAT* is worth just one measly inconsequential by
comparison human life that they built it on to get it here to this point
where you can derive "Spiritual Inspiration" from it, that's your gig.

Go for it.

Again, let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.