[Mb-civic] come on guys

richard haase hotprojects at nyc.rr.com
Fri Oct 29 15:33:31 PDT 2004

blah blah blah
but the church was still the mileau out of which much great art and the
society of the time came
evil and horrible though it was
specific; galileo who was persecuted by the church
could not have amassed his body of knowledge that led him to the point of
being able to do his own research were he not schooled by the church
teachers etc who were responsible for most of the learning of the day
certainly leonardo di vinci ambulating as he did in the courts of his day
could not but have been intimately touched by the church and its people,
directly and indirectly; i am a big iconoclast, hater of organized religion
for the most part etc; but whats true is true; lot of beauty in the church
and connected to it; even if you say it pales besides the human misery
caused by the european church(es) and you may be quite right; im being
quantitative; anthropological was not making value or even aesthetic
judgement