[Mb-civic] To Bush Supporters + Films to see before you vote

ean at sbcglobal.net ean at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 27 21:49:59 PDT 2004

To Bush Supporters

(2 disclaimers 1st: 1. Some of you receiving this may not be Bush supporters,
but you might like to read it anyway; and 2. I did not write this, just passing it
on.)

Most of you think Iraq had WMD's and that experts confirmed it. They
didn't. Most of you think Saddam and Al Qaida had a working relationship
and experts confirmed it. They didn't. Most of you think Bush supported
Kyoto. He didn't. Most of you think most nations in the world supported
us invading Iraq. They didn't. Most of you think Bush's policies on Air
and Water pollution allow less pollution than under Clinton. They're
not. Most of you think Bush supports the troops by paying them well and
supporting veterans. He doesn't. There are many more examples.

The point is this: Bush supporters don't seek the truth. You all seek to
 bend the truth to your ideology and if you can't you just omit or try
to discredit it. Doesn't that bug you?

What might you say if Kerry's grandpa funded the Nazis?
What might you say if Kerry's father armed Saddam?
What might you say if Kerry's VP did business with Saddam, Syria and Iran
 while the USA had sanctions against them? What might you say if Kerry
didn't want and resisted the 9/11 commission to investigate the most
 serious terror attack on our soil? What might you say if Kerry said "You
can't trust mainstream news sources." What might you say if Kerry claimed
to be in power because God wants him in power? What might you say if
Kerry had been president and he let Osama Bin Laden get away by not
 using our soldiers? What might you say if Kerry had not secured an ammo
dump and now our soldiers are being killed with that ammo? What might
you say if Kerry didn't allow Americans with Bush shirts or stickers into
his rallies?

You all need to take a look at the truth and make a decision from there.
 If things were reversed and I was trying to support a Democratic
president with the record of Bush, I would have switched long ago.
That's the difference between you and me: You'll support Bush no matter
what, and I support the best candidate no matter the party affiliation.

---

OCTOBER 27
Aftermath: The Remnants of War
Revealing how the proliferation of leftover mines and bombs
from past wars continues to kill innocent victims around the
world.
October 27 at 7 p.m., Sundance Channel

The Ground Truth
An unforgettable view of U.S. soldiers' perspectives on the War
in Iraq and their treatment after they come home.
October 27 at 6 a.m., Link TV (DirecTV-375, DISH-9410)

Spotlight: Forbidden Films About John Kerry
Link TV's series showing segments from and analyzing political
documentaries. The first episode will focus on two films about
John Kerry: "Going Upriver: The Long War of John Kerry" and
"Stolen Honor - Wounds That Never Heal".
October 27 at 2 a.m., 8 a.m., and 2 p.m., Link TV (DirecTV-375,
DISH-9410)

Uncovered: The Whole Truth About the Iraq War
Revealing critique of the Bush administration's rationale for
invading Iraq.
October 27 at 8 a.m. and 10 p.m., Sundance Channel

OCTOBER 28
Automatic Kalashnikov
The history of the AK-47 and its current implications.
October 28 at 1:30 p.m., Sundance Channel

The Ground Truth
An unforgettable view of U.S. soldiers' perspectives on the War
in Iraq and their treatment after they come home.
October 28 at 1 a.m. and 7 p.m., Link TV (DirecTV-375, DISH-
9410)

Hijacking Catastrophe
Examination of foreign and domestic policy in the wake of 9/11.
October 28 at 5 a.m., Link TV (DirecTV-375, DISH-9410)

The Last Just Man
Genocide in Rwanda and the politics that kept it from being
stopped.
October 28 at 7 p.m., Sundance Channel

WMD: Weapons of Mass Deception
Danny Schechter's critique of U.S. networks coverage/promotion
of the war in Iraq.
October 28 at 9 p.m., Link TV (DirecTV-375, DISH-9410)

OCTOBER 29
The Ground Truth
An unforgettable view of U.S. soldiers' perspectives on the War
in Iraq and their treatment after they come home.
October 29 at 7 a.m., Link TV (DirecTV-375, DISH-9410)

No Secret Anymore: The Times of Del Martin and Phyllis Martin
History of the two women who revolutionized lesbian activism in
1955 and were the first gay couple married in San Francisco in
2004.
October 29 at 7 p.m., Sundance Channel

With God On Our Side: George W. Bush and the Rise of the
Religious Right in America
Examines the history of the conservative evangelical movement
and its impact on the President's political and personal life.
October 29 at 12:30 a.m., Sundance Channel

WMD: Weapons of Mass Deception
Danny Schechter's critique of U.S. networks coverage/promotion
of the war in Iraq.
October 29 at 3 a.m., 9 a.m., 3 p.m., Link TV (DirecTV-375, DISH-
9410)

Fahrenheit 9/11: A Movement in Time
Independent Film Channel airs Michael Moore's intended pay-
per-view Election Eve special, "Fahrenheit 9/11: A Movement in
Time"
October 29, 10:00 p.m., IFC

OCTOBER 30
The Ground Truth
An unforgettable view of U.S. soldiers' perspectives on the War
in Iraq and their treatment after they come home.
October 30 at 9 a.m., Link TV (DirecTV-375, DISH-9410)

National Anthem: Inside the Vote for Change Concert Tour
Documentary by legendary filmmakers Albert Maysles and D.A.
Pennebaker taking a behind-the-scenes look at the tour and
musicians including Bruce Springsteen, the Dixie Chicks, and
R.E.M. It will be followed by a performances from the final "Vote
for Change" concert in Washington D.C. on October 11.
October 30 at 6:30 p.m., Sundance Channel (Note: this is a 5-hr
program)

WMD: Weapons of Mass Deception
Danny Schechter's critique of U.S. networks coverage/promotion
of the war in Iraq.
October 30 at 9:30 p.m., Link TV (DirecTV-375, DISH-9410)

OCTOBER 31
The Ground Truth
An unforgettable view of U.S. soldiers' perspectives on the War
in Iraq and their treatment after they come home.
October 31 at 3 a.m., 8 a.m. and 2 p.m., Link TV (DirecTV-375,
DISH-9410)

WMD: Weapons of Mass Deception
Danny Schechter's critique of U.S. networks coverage/promotion
of the war in Iraq.
October 31 at 3:30 a.m., 8:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m., Link TV (DirecTV-
375, DISH-9410)

NOVEMBER 1
The Choice 2004
Frontline special offering a two-hour dual biography of the two
presidential candidates. NOTE: Program is also available for
viewing online beginning October 15.
November 1 at 9 p.m. (check local listings)

IFC Election Eve Marathon
Independent Film Channel presents an election eve-marathon.
Starting at 8:00 p.m., "The War Room" and "Soldier's Pay" will
be shown in rotation until 3:00 a.m.
November 1 from 8:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m., IFC

---

--
You are currently on Mha Atma's Earth Action Network email list, option D
(up to 3 emails/day).  To be removed, or to switch options (option A -

Action is the antidote to despair.  ----Joan Baez