[Mb-civic] Powell Cautions Israel on Iran Action

Armageddon A. Cummin maxfury at granderiver.net
Wed Oct 27 23:02:44 PDT 2004

Powell Cautions Israel on Iran Action

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-us-iran-nuclear,0,2682892.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

WASHINGTON -- Secretary of State Colin Powell advised Israel on Wednesday
that diplomacy and not force is the way to deal with Iran's nuclear weapons
program.

Two decades ago, Israeli warplanes destroyed an Iraqi reactor to prevent
Saddam Hussein from developing nuclear weapons.

With Iran now moving in that direction, Powell said "there was a lot of
speculation and horror stories and other stories about what this might lead
to in the way of crisis, and part of that speculation is that the Israelis
might do something or not do something."

"I have no information on that," Powell said on CNBC. "And I think the
whole world, to include Israel, is trying to find a diplomatic and peaceful
solution to this problem."