[Mb-civic] What's Going Right in Iraq LATimes

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sun Oct 24 16:18:20 PDT 2004

Re:  What's Going Right in Iraq LATimes

Amazing spin.  Thanks for the laughs, American Columnists.  I *really*
needed that.   LOL...........

In the face of 7,000 dead and wounded American Soldiers, 10,000 to 40,000
dead Iraqi civilian men women and children, Billions of American Taxpayer
Dollars being funneled off into who knows where with no receipts for
anything any longer in existence, a puppet government set up there, 140,000
American Troops still there, our Government's promise that 14 military
bases will be constructed there and "we will be there forever", the immense
delay of reconstructing what we ourselves blew up, and among the zillion
other "What's Gone And Going Wrong In Iraq" items that could easily be
mentioned, the fact that we're in the wrong war at the wrong time in the
wrong place to begin with while some guy named bin-Laden is laughing his
ass off at the entire show and that we've managed to actually become a
recruitment promoter for "al-Qaeda" by our own actions thus far in The
Middle East, to know that boutiques and tobacco stores in Iraq are now
flourishing again is an enormous relief to me, and I'm sure, all Americans.

Again, thanks for the laughs, American Columnists, keep up the good work.

You've managed to bring a ray of sunshine to an incredible atrocity that
shines brightly through the 10's of Thousands of dead bodies piled up next
to the boutique.

"Oh, wow, look, now *that* is a cool shirt....  Let's go in and see how
many dinars it cost."

"I don't know..."

"Oh, come on, just step over the dead bodies...  Look, it looks real clean
inside..."

"Allright, but just for a minute..."

"See, I told you, we have been Set Free, things are getting better..."

"Wow, that *is* a cool dress....."

"Heh, yep, I'll buy it for you, you can wear it to your son's funeral
tonight..."

"Gee, thanks, Mr. Cheney, that's really kind of you..."

"Don't mention it...  Just remember, America is your friend, things are
getting better here, and tell all your neighbors who bought you the dress
to wear to the funeral..."

"I will...."

Yes, I'm sure they will.

Freedom is such an awesome thing.

If you can manage to sweep away all the inconsequential dead bodies quickly
enough, everything looks brand new and shiny all of a sudden.

Dead bodies are easily forgotten in the sunshine of a brand new day in the
bright Iraqi Future while strolling down the avenue in a new dress on the
way to your baby's funeral.

Thank you, America, you have finally brought us real hope.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.