[Mb-civic] NYTimes.com Article: Op-Ed Columnist: The More Things Change...

Cheetah maxfury at granderiver.net
Sat Oct 23 13:12:04 PDT 2004

Re:  NYTimes.com Article: Op-Ed Columnist: The More Things Change...

I don't really know what's going on with Brooks.  I know nothing about
him.  Whether he is a democrat or a republican.

I do however remember after the last presidential debates I saw him going
head to head with someone on some channel offering post-debate "analysis".

During that, which I could only stand so much of, I couldn't tell where
Bush's butt ended and Brooks' lips began.

His subtleness within the art of "critique" is actually amazing.  Highly
refined and talented.  During that post-debate analysis, without actually
coming out and saying it, he however found a way to elevate Bush to almost
Godhood itself.

This article he has written here is no exception to his talents.

"Republicans admire a president who is elevated above his executive branch
colleagues. It is impossible to imagine George W. Bush or Reagan as a
cabinet secretary. Instead, they are set apart by virtue of exceptional moral
qualities."

Pure Brooks Slop, but genius nevertheless.  "Exceptional Moral Quality"
your ass, Brooks.  How can you manage to sleep at night with this kind of
crap coming out of your mouth..?

"It just so happens that America is evenly divided about what sort of
leader we need: the Republican who leads with his soul or the Democrat who
leads with his judgment. Even the events of the past four years have not
altered that
disagreement."

I tell you what, Brooks, if you ever find the soul of The Republican
Leadership, you let all the rest of America in on the secret of where it
has been hiding all this time.

Here, take a new suit of clothes, you'll need it after you wade through the
vast pile of dead bodies during your quest for the nonexistent.