[Mb-civic] David Dellinger Memorial Service, NYC

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at webtv.net
Mon Oct 18 09:48:28 PDT 2004

Thank you Sib (aka Tioga Joe) for sending this, he sure was right for
the fight.

peace,
barbara
>From: "Sibley Smith" <sjsmith at njvvmf.org>
>To: "Butler, Michael, Civic List"
><mb-civic at islandlists.com>
>Date: Mon, Oct 18, 2004, 11:03am

 I received the following posting from the Vietnam Veterans Against
the War (VVAW) via my List association with VFP-NJ (Veterans For Peace,
New Jersey).

Peace,

Tioga Joe

=========================================MEMORIAL CELEBRATION OF DAVID
DELLINGER

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2004   6:30PM  AT
CATHEDRAL OF ST.JOHN THE DIVINE,
112TH ST AND AMSTERDAM AVE, NYC

Dave, 88, who died this past May, spent his entire
life in the struggle for peace and social and
economic justice. His commitment to nonviolent
direct action for the many causes he was involved
with placed him in the forefront of American radical
pacifism.

He was one of the defendants in the trial of the
Chicago Seven during after the Democratic
Convention of 1968 as part of his leadership against
the Vietnam war.

If you haven¹t read his book, "From Yale to Jail",
you must!

Join in celebrating his life along with his family,
Vernon Bellecourt, Ruby Dee and Ossie Davis, Tom
Hayden, George Houser, Grace Paley, Leslie Cagan, Pete Seeger, Len
Weinglass, Howard Zinn,
Jay Craven, Michael Arnowit and others.

Contributions in his memory can be sent to the

AJ Muste Memorial Institute at 339 Lafayette St, NY
10012, earmarked for the Dave Dellinger Fund.

For more information, contact Barbara Webster at
websterkinoy at comcast.net <mailto:websterkinoy at comcast.net>

National Office
Vietnam Veterans Against the War, Inc.
PO Box 408594
Chicago, IL 60640 (773) 276-4189
e-mail: vvaw at vvaw.org
http://www.vvaw.org
Fighting for veterans, peace and justice since 1967