[Mb-civic] Aids / HIV created by the West

Ian ialterman at nyc.rr.com
Mon Oct 11 20:06:01 PDT 2004

Cheeseburger:

I feel your pain...  And no, I'm not being facetious.

First, as noted, I fully agree that the U.S. government is fully capable of,
complicit in and responsible for all sorts of atrocities.  Consider the
Nevada A-tests, which caused thousands, perhaps millions, of additional
cancer cases.  Or the military's experiments - begun in the 50s and still
continuing - with any and all sorts of chemicals, antibiotics, etc. in the
food given to military personnel - to which those soliders and officers have
zero redress or grievance, since when you "sign on," you are effectively
giving the military the sole and exclusive rights to your body, mind and
spirit.  And let's not forget the government's experiments with LSD and
other drugs - done through "legitimate" places like Columbia University and
NYC hospital facilities - which led to at least one highly publicized death,
as well as, we can be certain, dozens of unpublicized ones.

I also hear, sincerely, the story of your father.  And I know the truth of
it because my wife was responsible for saving the life of a man in a similar
situation.  She was a ward secretary at the V.A. Hospital in NYC, on the
ward where they kept the WWI and WWII vets.  What she saw - the neglect and
lack of respect for these men - was heartbreaking.  She befriended one man
in particular, who, like many others, was virtually completely neglected.
And his bedsores were hideous.  Yet despite the fact that she was not
medical personnel (she was simply a secretary), she would clean his sores
and roll him over every few days.  As a result of her care, this man not
only got better, but was eventually released - something the doctors had
told her would never happen.  He went back to his apartment, and my wife and
I remained close friends with him until he died - over a dozen later: over a
decade of life that he would not have had if my wife had not done what the
medical personnel refused to do.  He even went back to playing and singing
in a small jazz combo - one of the things he dreamed of while he was a
"non-person" at the V.A.

Finally, you are unarguably correct in your assessment of the U.S. health
system, especially vis-a-vis the pharmaceutical companies.  And it is really
simple logic, which I find it hard to believe that most people cannot see:
if doctors "cured" you, they would be out of a job.  And if pharmaceutical
companies came up with "cures" - as opposed to "ongoing medical therapies" -
they would cause their own economic collapse.  (And if psychotherapists
actually "cured" you - especially in a short time - they would also be out
of business.)

What a world...

Peace.