[Mb-civic] FW: Results of the 2004 Iranian-American Survey

Golsorkhi grgolsorkhi at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 9 11:23:56 PDT 2004

------ Forwarded Message
From: Shahla Samii <shahla at thesamiis.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 12:41:03 -0400
Subject: Results of the 2004 Iranian-American Survey

SURVEY  REPORT

  The  2004 Iranian-American Survey is the result of 14 months of
planning and coordination among the active  Iranian-American community
groups throughout the US.

FOREWORD

The  2004 Iranian-American Survey project really began in earnest in
June 2003. The idea came about as I observed a desire by many Iranians
to identify our community to the greater American community through
several instances.

  As we attempted to establish ourselves as a vibrant and valuable
community worthy of acceptance and inclusion in America, many of  us
observed that there was something very important missing.

  We did not have our own self-conducted survey of our demographic
profile to study, and showcase. This is what the essence of this
project was.

  Although all Iranian-Americans agreed that the contributions made
consistently by Iranian-Americans was and is great, none of us  had
(until now) attempted to collect this information from us
specifically.

  We decided we needed an old fashioned community survey. Not a  census,
that was practically impossible given the tension between  Iran and the
US which has unfortunately bred a general level of  mistrust among us,
but a simple, highly focused and targeted survey.  Something with meat
on it's bones. We decided the best solution  was to go straight to the
source and ask the community directly.

  And so we did.

  I would like to take this opportunity to thank the sponsors and
everyone who helped me with this project and specifically Mr. Mehdi
(Mike) Ghodoosian and the staff at Universal Responses Corporation
without whose help this survey would not have been possible.

  However you can, let your voice be heard!

  Sincerely,

  Behrouz Bahmani, Survey Project Coordinator

  (Behrouz Bahmani has been an active Iranian-American community
volunteer in the San Francisco Bay Area for over 15 years.  He is a
feature writer for The Iranian (www.iranian.com).  He is principal at
bCubed New Marketing, a Marketing and Creative Services consulting
firm.)
---

To  view the report of this survey, you may choose from the slections
on the left and browse each question's results directly online.

You  may also download the entire report in PDF format (Requires
Acrobat reader)  by clicking on the image (right) or the links below,
to print  and read, or hand to friends and colleagues who would like
to learn more about the Iranian-American community.
---

Dear Friends,

Please go to: http://www.iasurvey.org/iasurvey_2004/report.html to
access all links as described above.