[Mb-civic] Peace Festival

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Fri Oct 8 21:14:28 PDT 2004

Re:  Peace Festival

Barbara Siomos wrote:

=======
I will never give up on Peace..... As John said "Give Peace a Chance".

peace,
barbara
========

No, of course not, never "give up on Peace".

The only problem remains that in the face of how the actual Governments of
the World are actually run, such things as "Peace" are useless and
undesired bi-products to The Powers That Be that we hold in our hearts and
mention in various speeches at various times.

It's a basic non-reality as far as "Global Peace" goes.

It doesn't exist.  It most likely never will.

The Israelis are never going to give the Palestinians a homeland, or
rather, give the Palestinians back their homeland which the Israelis stole
to begin with.

That means 1 Billion or less of the global Islamist population is always
going to be at war with someone about that particular matter.

And with the gap between the Rich and The Desperately Dirt Poor widening
each year, Globally, there will always be a slot where such things as
"Peace" are not even mentioned, even in passing.

Even Kerry, if elected, will not even approach a mild plateau of "Global
Peace", nor anything even mildly resembling it.

He's just about as tied and super-glued into "The System" as the next guy.

The people in India can't even get Peace between their own Castes.

The Israelis assassinate their own Prime Ministers.

The Americans assassinate their own Presidents.

The Chinese shoot you in the head for jaywalking and bill the cost of the
bullet to your family.

Globally, the List of atrocities, non-Peace things, is horrendous,
horrible, and basically *endless* as to what some people are unendingly
doing to other people.

Martin Luther King and John Lennon, 2 men of Peace, got a bullet in the head.

Just for *talking* about "Peace" too loudly in a crowded country called the
USA.

Sure, of course, it's nice to talk about "Peace", hold rallies using the
word "Peace", hold "Peace" in our hearts, try to spread "Peace" when and
where we can, etc.

But the stark reality is that this planet is basically ruled by cutthroat
crooks, on the take politicians, energy companies, militaries, and weapons
salesmen who look at "Peace" as the last thing they want on their menu and
the first thing they *need* to kill if they wish to continue doing business
as they have here for Centuries.

Such things as "Global Peace" are simply =NEVER= going to happen unless
someone takes all those people listed above, adds a few more, strips them
naked, and hangs them by their testicles at every venue on earth.

In *reality*.

It's just another sad Fact of this planet we refer to as Earth.

As well as being the only exit door marked "Peace".

Anything less remains wishful thinking with nothing whatsoever to back it up.

Holding up a Peace placard in a rally or whatever does as about as much
toward actually bringing Global Peace closer to a Reality as throwing a
cream pie at Tony Blair.

Well, heck, I wish I could make all this stuff up, but it's staring us in
the face every time you turn on the tv, pick up a newspaper, or listen to
the radio.

Somewhere, there will *always* be someone with lots of money, weapons, and
power, screwing the shit out of "The Little Guy".

And "The Little Guy" is always going to come back with a reply.

And, of course, there will always be people like America, Israel, well,
basically tons of the "1st World Countries", who will always be willing to
sell Weapons to both sides.

Hey, it's a living, eh.....?

"Peace" is dead, at least "Globally", unless one wishes to project a
delusion into a rapidly deteriorating world situation and pretend.

Of course, just about every Politician in the world appears that they were
born with the word "Peace" sewed to their lips every time they smile into
the cameras and bullshit The Masses.

Of course, no, never "give up on Peace", but cultivate your own little
corner of it when and where you can, as something like "Global Peace",
again, just isn't on the menu of "The Good Old Boys" who have run and
continue to run the entire show.

For Centuries.

Promote the heck out of "Peace".  Great idea.

The stock holders in such things as the Oil companies, Weapons Systems,
etc, however, will be pre-empting every step "Peace" takes though.

Again, just as it has always been here.

If Jesus himself came back, floated down onto the White House Lawn, spread
his hands, smiled, with a glowing white light and angels flying around him,
and said "Peace On Earth, Good Will To All Men", they would shoot him in
the head and dump his body in the nearest landfill and deny it ever
happened, of course, stamping the entire incident CLASSIFIED.

Yes, indeed, I dare, I TRIPLE DOG DARE a new Gandhi, or Buddha, or Jesus,
or Whomever, to set foot on this planet, again, and try to "Promote Global
Peace" and actually start to accomplish it.

After about the first 15 seconds, nobody would ever hear from them again.

This is "The Bright New World" run by "Bright New Trusty People" bringing
the "Bright New Hope" and the "Bright New Peace and Love" the children of
Earth have inherited.

The same old bullshitters of the same "Old World" with a new coat of paint
on it.

Except, of course, with better Publicists.

I would =LOVE= to "Give Peace A Chance".

But I can't find him.

The last time I heard, he had changed his name, grown a beard, dyed his
hair, and was in hiding in an undisclosed location in fear for his life.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.