[Mb-civic] FW: "Go ahead, attack Iran!"

Golsorkhi grgolsorkhi at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 2 10:34:34 PDT 2004

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Farhad Sepahbody" <sepa at sedona.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 17:53:10 -0700
To: <grgolsorkhi at earthlink.net>
Subject: Fw: "Go ahead, attack Iran!"

----- Original Message -----
From: Javidiran <mailto:Javidiran at payandehiran.org>
To: 'Un-Disclosed' <mailto:javidiran at payandehiran.org>
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 4:16 PM
Subject: "Go ahead, attack Iran!"

Democratic keynote speaker Barack Obama calls for missile strikes on Iran

> By Tom Mackaman
>

> 1 October  2004
>

> In an interview with the editorial board of the Chicago  Tribune published
> September 26,  Democratic Senate candidate Barack Obama said he would favor
> the use of  “surgical” missile strikes against Iran if it failed to bow to
> Washington’s  demand that it eliminate its nuclear energy program. Obama also
> said that, in  the event of a coup that removed the Musharraf regime in
> Pakistan, the US  should attack that nation’s nuclear arsenal.
>

> Obama, the keynote speaker at the Democratic  National Convention, is being
> hailed as a “rising star” in the Democratic  Party. In his Tribune interview,
> he said explicitly what  is implicit in repeated statements by Democratic
> presidential candidate John  Kerry and other party leaders. They have
> frequently attacked the Bush  administration’s policy in Iraq on the grounds
> that it is diverting attention  from supposedly greater threats, in particular
> Iran and North Korea.
>

> Obama told the Tribune, “[T]he big question is going to be,  if Iran is
> resistant to these pressures, including economic sanctions, which I  hope will
> be imposed if they do not cooperate, at what point are we going to,  if any,
> are we going to take military action?”
>

> Answering his own question, Obama said, “I hope it  doesn’t get to that point.
> But realistically, as I watch how this thing has  evolved, I’d be surprised if
> Iran blinked at this point.”
>

> Obama advanced a racist argument for attacks on Iran  and Pakistan. Making a
> comparison between the “Islamic world” and the Soviet  Union, he argued that
> the religious outlook of Iranians and Pakistanis made  them less prone to
> compromise and reason and more warlike.
>

> He said: “With the Soviet Union, you did get the sense that they  were
> operating on a model that we could comprehend in terms of, they don’t  want to
> be blown up, we don’t want to be blown up, so you do game theory and
> calculate ways to contain. I think there are certain elements within the
> Islamic world right now that don’t make those same  calculations.”
>

> In the case of Pakistan, the Senate hopeful added,  “I think there are
> elements within Pakistan right now—if Musharraf is  overthrown and they took
> over—I think we would have to consider going in and  taking those bombs out,
> because I don’t think we can make the same assumptions  about how they
> calculate risks.”
>

> Due to scandal and political turmoil in the Illinois  Republican Party, Obama
> is virtually assured of victory on November 2. When  Republican nominee Jack
> Ryan dropped out of the race on June 25 due to a sex  scandal, the state
> Republican Party scrambled to find a replacement.
>

> After several prominent conservatives, including  former Chicago Bears
> football coach Mike Ditka, refused to run, the party  finally recruited the
> [...]

Due to the duplication by some internet services,
   the logo, flag and Parsi gif has been removed.
-----------------------
 Join me in this silent voice of unity
Iran deserves better.
   When Truth is not free, Freedom is not true, Freedom of Speech,
   Freedom of pen, most important of all Freedom of thought
 ----------------------
 The sole purpose of this distribution is share of information.
Not necessarily the content of this e-mail is supported by
the distributor or represents my personal opinion. This
dispatch should not have impact on those whom I dearly
help or associate with.
Should you not wish to be contacted at this e-mail
address again, please reply using your original mail
address with "Remove" in the subject line.
We have provided "opt out" e-mail contact so you
can be deleted from our mailing list.

------ End of Forwarded Message