[Mb-civic] Re: [Mb-hair] Do Not Call List

LilacAmy11 at aol.com LilacAmy11 at aol.com
Tue Nov 30 20:25:25 PST 2004

In a message dated 11/30/2004 5:49:56 PM Central Standard Time,
michael at michaelbutler.com writes:

> Well, they sure carry it out. I called and went through the drill. Also I
> checked out the website.
> Are you certain it is a hoax?

I checked it out at Snopes.com (which is the link I added in)... maybe I
mispoke when I said "hoax" - not necessarily a hoax but it said registering your
cell phone number will either have no effect or possibly even an adverse
effect.... the thing they are doing is putting together a cell 411 "phone book" and
you have the option of being in that....

I know the "do not call" list is for real, it just appears that putting your
cell number on it is pretty unecessary as solicitors will not have access to
cell numbers any time soon

Again, I'm just going off the info that was on snopes.com

- Amy

"in time of lilacs who proclaim/ the aim of waking is to dream" - e.e.
cummings

"Life is around you and in you . . . Let the sunshine in!" - HAIR (the
musical)