[Mb-civic] The Invisible Hand Holds the Remote

michael at intrafi.com michael at intrafi.com
Tue Nov 30 12:25:20 PST 2004

This story was sent to you by: michael butler

THE INVISBLE HAND HOLDS THE REMOTE

The Invisible Hand Holds the Remote

Robert Scheer

November 30 2004

What does it mean that a whopping 70% of Americans, according to a recent New York Times-CBS News poll, believe that mass culture is responsible for debasing our moral values? It means, if the poll is accurate, that we are a nation of lascivious hypocrites. In fact, the lure of sin, as represented by Hollywood and the entertainment industry, is as tempting to Americans today as apples ever were to Adam and Eve.

The complete article can be viewed at:
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-scheer30nov30,1,7025110.column

Visit latimes.com at http://www.latimes.com