[Mb-civic] To Hell With Values

michael at intrafi.com michael at intrafi.com
Sun Nov 28 19:27:03 PST 2004

This story was sent to you by: michael butler

TO HELL WITH VALUES

To Hell With Values

Michael Kinsley

November 28 2004

It's been less than a month since the gods decreed that, due to the election results, American political life henceforth must be all about something called "values." And I gave it my best. Honest. But I'm sick of talking about values, sick of pretending I have them or care more about them than I really do. Sick of bending and twisting the political causes I do care about to make them qualify as "values." News stories about values-mongers caught with their values down used to make my day. Now, the tale of Bill O'Reilly and phone sex induces barely a flicker of schadenfreude.

The complete article can be viewed at:
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-kinsley28nov28,1,7117164.column?coll=la-util-op-ed

Visit latimes.com at http://www.latimes.com