[Mb-civic] "Marriage" was invented by MEN

Lyle K'ang lyve at netzero.com
Sun Nov 28 01:02:17 PST 2004

Ian,

Give me the Exact quote in the NEW TESTAMENT where Jesus says that homosexuality is a sin...

Lyle K'ang,
Tools for a Brighter Tomorrow: http://www.SiloManagement.com
A Healing Treasure: http://Lyve-Oasis.com

-- "Ian" <ialterman at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
Lyle:

Blessings and Peace.  I am not certain of the logic of this woman's
argument.  She claims that the church banned homosexuality because they
could not profit from it, or tax it.  Assuming this is true, how was the
church "profiting from" and taxing "normal" marriage?  And if they were
doing so, would it not simply have made sense for them to permit homosexual
marriage so that that they COULD profit from it and tax it?  It would have
made little sense to ban it for that reason, since they could easily have
profited from it if they had not banned it.

No, the ban on homosexuality was not a matter of profiting or taxing, since
simply permitting it would have rendered that issue moot.  The ban was a
strictly Scriptural one, in as much as both the Old and New Testaments
clearly state that homosexuality is a sin.  One can agree or disagree with
the Scripture, but that IS what is says.

As an aside, I take issue with her comment that if Christianity didn't ban
homosexuality, "they would figure out that there would be more women to go
around."  First, she is making a fallacious assumption that all Christians
are men, or even that all Christians who are "threatened" by homosexuality
are men; she is completely discounting the millions of Christian women who
also consider homosexuality morally wrong.

Second, her comment is offensively flip, since she clearly does not
understand that Christian men (if they are indeed truly living a Christian
life, whether single or married) would not be interested in the fact that
there might be "more women," since truly Christian men do not think that
way.

Again, one can disagree with the church's teachings.  But one should have
better support for their positions than statements that exclude one-half the
Christian population (women), and flip comments that only show how shallow
their own thinking is.

Peace.