[Mb-civic] Engineering Armageddon

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Wed Nov 24 02:38:17 PST 2004

Engineering Armageddon

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/24/opinion/24kristof.html?hp

Now we have the hugely profitable "Left Behind" financial empire, whose Web
site flatly says that the authors "think this generation will witness the
end of history." The site sells every "Left Behind" spinoff imaginable,
including screen savers, regular prophecies sent to your mobile phone,
children's versions of the books, audiobooks, graphic novels, videos,
calendars, music and a $6.50-a-month prophesy club. This isn't religion,
this is brand management.

If Mr. LaHaye and Mr. Jenkins honestly believe that the end of the world
may be imminent, why not waive royalties? Why don't they use the millions
of dollars in profits to help the poor - and increase their own chances of
getting into heaven?

Cheeseburger

- Where has Jesus gone now that we need him to slaughter everyone but us.

..