[Mb-civic] the horrors of falluja

peter baker djinbaqr at tiscali.co.za
Mon Nov 15 23:36:44 PST 2004

bear
......through the media we receive a glimpse of the horrors of falluja...a film just screened showing a marine "killing an injured prisoner"...ah, but, read between the lines here...they had killed and injured these "insurgents" the day before in a mosque...the injured prisoners were just left lying where they had fallen for 24 hours!!! no medical treatment at all...this scene has, no doubt, been repeated all over the city...does this follow the geneva convention ??? the embedded reporters for the most part have been kept away from these abominations....we get brief clues: like the cities water supply and sewage system all destroyed by u.s. bombs so there are parts of the city where a mixture of water and sewage flood the streets and there are bodies floating in the mess.. the relief supplies were refused entry to the city and waited uselessly for days at the city hospital,  on the wrong side of the river, before turning back...is the plan here to just keep everyone out so that the carnage and destruction will eventually disappear somehow ??....and no-one will be brought to book ??...the behaviour of these troops is very reminiscent of the nazi storm troopers...their excuse is "we can't move the bodies 'cos they may be booby trapped" so just leave them where they fall: the dead and dying lying together in a putrid stinking mess...well done bush's christian soldiers...i think the truth will out eventually and another nail or two will be nailed into the coffin of the u.s.a. fascist state.....mad baker