[Mb-civic] god will punish bush

Ian ialterman at nyc.rr.com
Sun Nov 14 15:32:32 PST 2004

Lyle:

Although I agree with you in principle, please remember that "God helps those who help themselves" is not Scriptural, and it actually anti-Scripture: God helps those who have faith in Him and rely on Him.  Obviously, this does not mean we are supposed to simply sit on our duffs: there is certainly a time for action.  But if you "believe," then faith and prayer come first - and then feel free to take action if you must.

Peace.