[Mb-civic] For the Moment, Concentrate on Being Civil

michael at intrafi.com michael at intrafi.com
Wed Nov 10 08:47:56 PST 2004

This story was sent to you by: michael butler

About time someone wrute this. Michael

--------------------
For the Moment, Concentrate on Being Civil

We gays miscalculated on marriage. Now we must work for legal unions.

By Mickey Wheatley
Mickey Wheatley is a civil rights attorney in Los Angeles and a gay rights activist.

November 10 2004

Even those of us who doubted that there would be a backlash from the spate of San Francisco and Massachusetts same-sex marriages must now feel the sting of the sharp slap aimed at the gay rights movement on election day.

The complete article can be viewed at:
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-wheatley10nov10,1,2696371.story

Visit latimes.com at http://www.latimes.com