[Mb-civic] England-USA-Israel-CIA-SAVAK: Real Life under The Shah of Iran

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sat Jul 31 16:01:12 PDT 2004

England-USA-Israel-CIA:  Real Life under The Shah of Iran

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Blum/Iran_KH.html

"And what of the Iranian people? What did being saved from communism do for
them? For the preponderance of the population, life under the Shah was a
grim tableau of grinding poverty, police terror, and torture. Thousands
were executed in the name of fighting communism. Dissent was crushed from
the outset of the new regime with American assistance. Kennett Love wrote
that he believed that CIA officer George Carroll, whom he knew personally,
worked with General Farhat Dadsetan, the new military governor of Teheran,
"on preparations for the very efficient smothering of a potentially
dangerous dissident movement emanating from the bazaar area and the Tudeh
in the first two weeks of November, 1953"."

"The notorious Iranian secret police, SAVAK, created under the guidance of
the CIA and Israel, spread its tentacles all over the world to punish
Iranian dissidents. According to a former CIA analyst on Iran, SAVAK was
instructed in torture techniques by the Agency. Amnesty International
summed up the situation in 1976 by noting that Iran had the "highest rate
of death penalties in the world, no valid system of civilian courts and a
history of torture which is beyond belief. No country in the world has a
worse record in human rights than Iran." "

"When to this is added a level of corruption that "startled even the most
hardened observers of Middle Eastern thievery", it is understandable that
the Shah needed his huge military and police force, maintained by unusually
large US aid and training programs, to keep the lid down for as long as he
did. Said Senator Hubert Humphrey, apparently with some surprise:"

"Do you know what the head of the Iranian Army told one of our people? He
said the Army was in good shape, thanks to U.S. aid-it was now capable of
coping with the civilian population. That Army isn't going to fight the
Russians. It's planning to fight the Iranian people."

CheeseNote:  Life today in Iran, run by a bunch of religious nuts who
execute you if you even just disagree with their philosophies, is certainly
no favor to the Iranian People, in fact it is a desecration of the
privilege Leaders all over the world continue to twist, self-define, and
propagate as "their divine right of governance", from Iran, to America, to
Israel, to etc.  But the statement referring to the Shah of Iran of "The
buoyant years of hope, confidence, and accomplishment we lived under his
reign" was obviously not taken with a camera from Street Level, but rather
from a window from the palace overlooking the royal gardens.  Ties to
Family and Loved Ones often blind people to the atrocities their Own People
commit, and then American Newspapers print their thoughts on the matter,
and nobody questions it ever again, unfortunately.  Oh well, nothing much
has changed in that regard.  I wish the Iranian PEOPLE the best.  However,
in the face of continued torture, execution, and tyranny by their own
religious nut leaders, and the imminent coming pre-emptive strike against
Iranian "nuclear facilities" from Israel, the people who helped form the
SAVAK, along with the CIA, which hunted dissident Iranians down throughout
the world and slit their throats under the Shah of Iran's rule, fixing to
occur, and the USA eyeing Iran as "the next juicy Mid-East tidbit", all it
appears they are going to receive is another millenium of
Foreign-Legislature-Authorized Hell.  No matter who is in charge.

My deepest condolences ahead of time to The Iranian People.

Although I personally view the odds of it happening anytime in the near or
distant future being at about 1,000,000 to 1 against it, perhaps some day
you will truly be Free.

Until then I can only quote from Tolstoy or someone who once said something
like "Eliminate those who murder your children one by one.  Eventually they
will either wake up and change their ways, or flee the country, or not wake
up at all."

Again, my condolences for the Iranian People and the Hell you have lived in
for so long and the Hell you will continue to live in for some time to come.

I would send my Government to help you and free you, but they are just as
crooked as yours.

However, I have a feeling that they will eventually find their way to your
doorstep nevertheless.

The only problem being that they are not coming to liberate you, but rather
your Oil.

Just as they always have.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.