[Mb-civic] FW: Join the call for an investigation of Florida's voter purge lists

Michael Butler michael at michaelbutler.com
Tue Jul 27 19:55:27 PDT 2004

------ Forwarded Message
From: Cara Robin <cararobindesign at hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:07:15 -0400 (EDT)
To: <michael at michaelbutler.com>
Subject: Join the call for an investigation of Florida's voter purge lists

Dear Michael,
As I'm no longer on Civic I ask that you send this onto the list...

I just sent a letter demanding that U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft
appoint an independent investigator to look into possible violations of
federal civil rights laws in Florida.

Recent news reports strongly suggest that state officials knowingly approved
a plan to implement a purge of "potential felons" from voter rolls that
disproportionately affected African American voters. There is evidence that
state officials knew that the list would have this discriminatory effect six
years ago - before the 2000 election. You can read articles and write John
Ashcroft at: http://www.pfaw.org/go/Election_Protection/

As our nation's chief enforcer of civil rights laws, John Ashcroft should
feel massive public pressure to look into these allegations. Please join me
in calling for an independent investigation by writing Ashcroft today!

Click on this URL to write Attorney General Ashcroft
http://capwiz.com/pfaw/utr/2/?a=6167196&i=14075281

If your email program does not recognize the URL as a link,
copy the entire URL and paste it into your Web browser.