[Mb-civic] Full Text of 911 Commission Report

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Thu Jul 22 13:08:48 PDT 2004

Full Text of 911 Commission Report

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/US/07/22/9.11.full.report/index.html

KEY FINDINGS

U.S. leaders did not understand the "gravity of the threat." The United
States wasn't prepared to meet al Qaeda's challenges. Terrorism wasn't the
chief security concern of the Bush or Clinton administrations. Failures to
thwart 9/11 highlight agencies' inability to adapt to new problems. CIA
effectiveness was limited by use of intermediaries to pursue Osama bin
Laden. Information and analysis wasn't shared across agencies.

KEY RECOMMENDATIONS

Establish a Cabinet-level intelligence director Establish a single
counterterrorism center Create a single, joint congressional committee to
oversee homeland security

That's it................????

Previous news articles have already stated that the 911 Commission Report
=completely exonerates= "The Presidencies" of both Bush and Clinton,
although not "The Administrations" for anything having to do with anything
about 911.

Is this the part where I say "Told you so......"       ?

Apparently.

This remains a report about a devastating attack on American soil where the
Commission during their official investigation sat around and traded jokes
with the President and Vice-President of the U.S. who literally refused to
go "On The Record" about anything having to do with anything about 911.

And scathes "Intelligence" as The Main Culprit, which, sorry kids, that's
only part of the reality.  The rest, The Main Course, was apparently just
too uninteresting to go into.

If you find any different "conclusions" in this 7.4 mb report, let the rest
of us know.

Who knows, I haven't read the *entire* report yet, but if the "Key Findings
and Recommendations" are any indication, you just got Royally Screwed by
both the Republicans and the Democrats.

Again.

There's a sale of Chinese vaseline on at WalMart if you run out......

Ok, so you got screwed, again, so what, try not to act so surprised, after
all you're An American, you should be used to it by now, and the 911
victims' families are sitting out there right about now feeling like
prostitutes in Times Square, so now leave me alone, I'm going back to
reading my little American Town of 6,000 people's Telephone Book, the 2
page section in the yellow pages put in there by something called Homeland
Security.  I'm trying to figure out which room of my house I should follow
their instructions to seal off with duct tape and plastic sheeting when
al-Qaeda come to get us with nuclear weapons as we are sleeping.

I don't really have to guess that our people who went to heaven on 911 are
sitting up there right now saying "Assholes".

While the rest of us are sitting down here shouting "Thank goodness the 911
Commission has finally saved us all..!!".

Somewhere inbetween is Reality.

But that too is Classified.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.