[Mb-civic] 9/11 report to recommend new Cabinet post

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sat Jul 17 23:16:32 PDT 2004

9/11 report to recommend new Cabinet post

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/07/17/911.report/index.html

"The position is described as a new national director of intelligence."

Poppycock.

What we need is More Real Diplomats not More Spies.

More Spies are needed when there are Less Real Diplomats and sub-quality
Diplomacy.

Like here.  Like now.

Diplomacy is the root of Peace.

Spies are perpetually bred, nurtured, and financed by War, and all its cousins.

Sure, it's great to be effectively well-protected by having superior
Intelligence.  We already knew that.

Ok, great, sure, make a giant Intelligence Czar.

Round em all up into a corral so you can keep yer eye on em.

Maybe a Supreme Intelligence Agency will be less abused than touch voting
software, telemarketting, prescription drug ripoffs, gasoline gouging,
$4.00 for a gallon of milk, etc etc etc.

Who knows....    These days it's primarily a gamble.

What I do know, however, is that I HOPE that the "911 Commission" has MUCH
more "dramatic" things to tell America about "911" other than just the
already known Fact that "Quality Intelligence Is Lacking" (which we've
already been hearing Forever now).

*If* it =doesn't=, you might as well get your nickel back and go buy ice
cream and watch it melt down the side of Liberty's face.

You been had.

If the above happens, and the tell-tell signs of whitewash start ever so
vaguely peeping around the edges of the final painting, I'll personally
guarantee you're having "been had" and underwrite it.

"Give our friend 8 to 3 odds all the way...."   (Enter The Dragon)

I also know that I don't want to live in a country where when The Big Boys
step up to the table, Diplomacy goes out the window, in a place where
"Diplomats" are already bought and sold by the likes of GM, Halliburton,
Exxon, Lockheed, You Name It.

Like here.  Like now.

I would so much rather live in a country with excellent security, rather
than live in a security camp labelled as a country.

Like other places you've heard of.

I'll be quiet now, but if that "911 Commission Final Report" focuses
*mainly* on "Disarray Of Intelligence Etc" as "The Biggest Scariest Monster
That Needs Fixing", you've been screwed.

*If* that's the way the cards fall on this report, you can go to the polls
in November and vote for Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck or Whomever.  It won't
really matter that much at that point.

Sure, nobody wants to be eaten by Terrorists etc.

But I don't want to be eaten by a Supreme Intelligence Agency, in the wrong
hands, either.

Diplomacy is Diplomacy.

A Spy is a Spy.

A Screwdriver, Pliers, and a Hammer are still a Screwdriver, Pliers, and a
Hammer.

However, it depends upon whose hands they are in, and how they use them.

A spoon is a spoon.

You can use it to nourish yourself and the world.

Or poke somebody's eye out with it.

It's all in how it is used.  Not necessarily what it "is".

So far so very many of Our Top Guys, and Gals, have shown a great natural
tendency to use Democracy as a spread-eagled whore.

I don't really expect any great Miracles Of Democracy coming from any new
Giant Spy Czar Agency.

If you do, well dream on.

When the 911 final report emerges, like soon, I'm sure Bush will be all for
a giant new Spy Central, and Kerry is already out stumping to "double the
amount of spies we have" etc.

Again, children, what we don't necessarily need is "More Spies", although
that wouldn't hurt to gather intelligence to at least *try* to prevent
Terrorist Attacks etc.

What America is desperately in need of is *More Real Diplomats*.

What we don't have here.  Nor now.

And in desperate need for the "911" Commission to come out with something
other than "We need a new big Spy Central and then everything will be
okeydokey again", and nothing more *Dramatic* than that.

Of course, all that is only a theory.......

Isn't it....................?

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a
slave.  I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.  Attack ships on fire
off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-Beams glitter in the dark near
Tannhauser Gate...  All those moments will be lost.. in time...    like
tears..   in rain ...       Time to die......."

"I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved
life more than he ever had before. Not just his life, anybody's life, my
life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did
I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit
there and watch him die."      (BladeRunner)

p.s.:  Wake me up if the List comes back to life.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.