[Mb-civic] The Midnight Cheeseburger Gazette - #187

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Thu Jul 15 00:17:48 PDT 2004

The Midnight Cheeseburger Gazette - #187

Correction: Israel-Palestinians Story

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-israel-palestinians-corrective,0,3969298.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

I dunno...  I don't always see "Corrections" that often.  Thought it would
be a great filler while everyone tries to escape the ufos.

:|

Possible Future President of Mexico

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-mexico-political-circles,0,140725.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

President Swears in New Egyptian Cabinet

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-egypt-cabinet,0,6045932.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

(I can just see the copy for this one, heh)

"Today, the government-funded hardwood cabinet was delivered to the
Egyptian Parliament.  The cabinet is another round of the continuation of a
frenzy now gripping The Middle East and Europe after U.S. Vice-President
Dick Cheney's 4 letter word adventure occurred on the floor of the
Senate.  It is apparently the overseas rendition of an American
tradition.  American politicians have been swearing at anyone and anything
forever.  Now the rest of the world wants in on it apparently.  Their
response to queries about their cabinets was summed up by the Belgian Prime
Minister "We've wanted to tell various people where to go for so many
years, and now that we have the opportunity afforded us by the example of
The Americans, we are going to utilize it to the best extent
possible.  Film at 11."

Heh...   Actually that above story is about how, after firing most? of the
Egyptian Cabinet, the new Egyptian Government's "self-devised plans toward
reform and modernization" are going to deal with the $6.8 Billion budget
deficit, mainly caused by The Poor in Egypt =eating too much food=, in
another Middle East dictatorship which prides itself on literal "Yes-No"
"elections" while the restless again "demand real presidential elections"
as they continue to sweat out the basic Martial Law they have lived under
since 1981.

These Egyptians, by the way, are the same people the Israelis are calling
upon to train "The New Palestinian Police".

Iran Says It Gave Terror Suspect to Saudis

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-iran-al-qaida,0,1017973.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

Interesting story, however, among others, the part that caught my eye was:

"Al-Harby is the third man to surrender under a Saudi amnesty that has been
accompanied by aggressive efforts to capture those who don't give up."

Considering that such crimes as rape in Saudi Arabia rates getting one's
head chopped off with a large sword, I'm just wondering what "Saudi
Amnesty" actually means.

Al-Harby, by the way, was in the videotape in Afghanistan with bin-Laden as
he talked about 911.

Black Magic in Brazil

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-brazil-skulls,0,793885.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

Israel's Plans For "Wide-Ranging Military Operation" In Gaza Strip When
Arafat Dies

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-israel-palestinians,0,7464806.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

Saudi Cleric Seeks Extension of Amnesty

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-saudi-negotiator,0,6642714.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

"The cleric spent five years in jail without trial because of his criticism
of U.S. involvement in the 1991 Gulf War to end Iraq's occupation of
neighboring Kuwait. Like many Islamic extremists, al-Hawaly also opposed
the presence of U.S. troops in Saudi Arabia."

Ok, some day, you'll just have to face it all.

"America", dagnabit, just has some *very* strange "Buddies".

Five years for simply *Criticizing*.

Not even a trial.    LOL.......................

Our bestest buddies.       LOL........................

No wonder we airlifted all the Saudis we could out of here right near 911.

I'm slow, but eventually I get it.

In apparently many cases it appears our bestest buddies are absolutely no
different than our worstest enemies except for having more money and oil.

And letting some of us have some of it some of the time.

And The Solution is.........????

There is no Solution.

They're all totally wacked out at The Top apparently.

That's why it's so wacked out at The Bottom.

Maybe some more people at The Middle will wake up one day and realize that.

Because the wacked out people at The Top are too drunk on power to care.

And the people at The Bottom never sleep.

And that leaves all the little bunnies, trees, birds, kiddies, rivers,
mice, cats, dogs, penguins and tree sloths where.............????

In the care of madmen.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.