[Mb-civic] Vote against Bush in '04

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at webtv.net
Tue Jul 13 15:50:13 PDT 2004

From: Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund
To: Members of "Conservationists" group
Subject: Pledge to vote against Bush in '04

Dear Conservationist:

Welcome to the Conservationists group on Care2 Connect, hosted by
Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund. Because I believe you care deeply
about America's imperiled wildlife and habitat, I urge you to take our
pledge to vote against George Bush on November 2nd:
http://www.care2.com/go/z/pledge

It is sad fact that George Bush is the most anti-conservation president
in our nation's history. The damage he has already caused to America's
wildlife and its remaining habitat is massive. We have a solemn
responsibility to leave a healthy earth as our legacy to our children
and grandchildren, but George Bush has rejected that legacy in favor of
big oil, timber and other corporate special interests.

His administration has already removed vital protections from 20 million
acres of precious wetlands. Weakened protections for national forests,
parks and refuges. Implemented policies that are directly harming
imperiled manatees, wolves, grizzlies, lynx, dolphins, migratory birds
and many more species. And if he's reelected, his plans include removing
protections for wildlife in our national forests, allowing five times
more toxic mercury pollution to poison our wildlife and us, drilling in
the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and other fragile public lands, and
again allowing the importation of endangered species and their body
parts.

The Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund
(http://www.care2.com/go/z/defenders) is working to deliver at least one
million conservation votes against Bush. Such a powerful voice for
conservation will not be lost on other politicians who put special
interests ahead of the public interest.

Will you make such a pledge now? Wildlife can't vote - but you can do it
for them. And when you pledge, we invite you to choose which of your
favorite wildlife species you want to represent.
http://www.care2.com/go/z/pledge

There are so many reasons why we need you to give America's wildlife a
voice on November 2nd. Don't let this president succeed in weakening the
"dolphin safe" tuna label on cans of tuna ... a label that has saved
tens of thousands of playful, intelligent dolphins. Don't let him again
violate court orders to protect the gentle Florida manatee. Don't let
them again green light aerial gunning of wolves in Alaska.

Dolphins, manatees, wolves and so many more wildlife species need us to
speak for them at the polls.

This election will be very close. Every vote counts. Please make your
pledge today to vote against George Bush. And use the power of
Care2Connect to invite friends and family to take the pledge with you,
because together we can replace this president with someone who takes
our responsibility to the rest of the living world, and to future
generations,
seriously.

Sincerely,
Rodger Schlickeisen