[Mb-civic] What You Missed While You Were Abducted By UFO's

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Fri Jul 9 03:02:29 PDT 2004

What You Missed While You Were Abducted By UFO's

It has been a strange time here.  I was sitting here reading from a book
and then suddenly I looked up and everyone in the chairs had disappeared.

There, of course, was only one rational conclusion anyone could possibly
come to.

:|

While they were replacing your brain with one from a chubby rain pod
person, this was some of the buttah that was goin on:

U.N. Nuke Watchdog Chief Visits Israel

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-israel-nuclear,0,3863712.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

TEL AVIV, Israel -- The head of the U.N. nuclear watchdog agency said
Tuesday he had no "magic wand" to persuade the Jewish state to at least
tacitly acknowledge it has atomic bombs or the means to make them.

Israel has world's 6th largest stockpile of nuclear weapons

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-israel-journalist-ban,0,2903597.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

Based on the pictures, experts said Israel had the world's sixth-largest
stockpile of nuclear weapons.

Iraqi: U.S. Soldiers Laughed at Drowning

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-iraq-death-on-the-tigris,0,1979102.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

... recalling how U.S. soldiers pushed the young men into the river. "They
were behaving like they were watching a comedy on stage."

three soldiers, now back in their base at Fort Carson, Colo., have been
charged with involuntary manslaughter in the Jan. 3 drowning of an Iraqi
detainee. A fourth soldier faces charges of pushing a second man, who
survived, into the same river.

The four soldiers face between 5 1/2 years and 26 1/2 years in prison if
convicted on all charges.

With every such death, Iraqis point to what they see as the
heavy-handedness of the U.S. military. The resentment is deeper when the
victims are relatives, friends or neighbors.

He remembered one soldier happily greeting them with Arabic phrases

The soldiers told them they were free to go, but just after they got back
into the truck, the soldiers ordered them to step out. This time, they
handcuffed them and took them into one of the Bradleys.

"He was shouting 'Marwan, save me,' and I yelled back 'Try to swim, try to
swim,' but he went under again and that was it. I could hear them (the
soldiers) laughing.

The Likud Party F*rts and Out Jumps The Israeli Army

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-palestinians-raid,0,1614822.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

However, Diana Sallah said her father was shot when the army called on
residents to come out the building after the rocket fire. "My mother and
father said 'thank God it is over, they are calling us to come out'," she
said.

But the door lock had been damaged during the fighting and the family could
not leave. So Sallah went to the window and called to the soldiers in
English, telling them they were trapped, she said.

"Then they shot at him.... he did not say a word, he just fell on the
floor," she said.

(CheeseNote:  Sharpshooter, kids, only one bullet needed.)

"We tried to reach him. Mohammed (his 16 year old son) was in the front,
suddenly there was one shot

(CheeseNote:  Same Sharpshooter.  Same Window.  Good shot.  25 points,
again. "Hey, everybody come out!!  It's ok now!!  Honest to
God...!!  Hehehehe......")

and Mohammed fell on the floor. I saw he was bleeding from the mouth (Boom,
shot right in the mouth, add another 50 points for perfection) and trying
to call me 'Diana, Diana'."

Sallah, an American-educated computer science professor, and his son were
killed during an arrest raid by Israeli commandos in the Ein Beit Ilma
refugee camp in the West Bank city of Nablus.

(CheeseNote:  Like shootin fish in a barrel.  This looks like
FUN....!!!!  Ok, kids, come one come all, step right up, who's next, this
is almost as much fun as screeching Go F*ck Yourself on the floor of the
Senate)

Blair: Guantanamo an Anomaly That Must End

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-britain-guantanamo,0,2189713.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

Blair is under pressure from political opponents and many of his own
governing Labour Party lawmakers to resolve the issue. Some suggest the
deadlock reveals he actually wields little influence in Washington, despite
supporting Bush in the Iraq war.

(CheeseNote:       Duh...          LOL..............)

Saddam's Lawyers Assemble:

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-france-saddam,0,1987263.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

Asked when he believed Saddam's trial could start, Ludot said, "Not before
the American (presidential) elections ... That's a certainty."

Cheney Had No New Data on Saddam, Al Qaeda-Panel

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=4PK215RNYIWU2CRBAEKSFEY?type=topNews&storyID=5601658

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Sept. 11 commission, which reported no evidence
of collaborative links between Iraq and al Qaeda, said on Tuesday that Vice
President Dick Cheney had no more information than commission investigators
to support his later assertions to the contrary.

The 10-member bipartisan panel investigating the 2001 attacks on New York
and Washington said it reached its conclusion after reviewing available
transcripts of Cheney's public remarks on the subject.

The vice president has asserted long-standing links between the former
Iraqi president and Osama Bin Laden's Islamist militant network.

Cheney spokesman Kevin Kellems denied any conflict between the commission's
finding of no Saddam/al Qaeda relationship and the vice president's
position. He described Cheney as being "pleased" about the commission's
statement and said the message "put to rest a non-story.

(CheeseNote:     Huh...?         LOL...............)

Assertions that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction and could be
prepared to provide chemical or biological agents to al Qaeda for attacks
on the United States were a main justification for Bush's decision to
invade and occupy Iraq.

Report Confirms Medicare Cost Estimates Kept Secret

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=healthNews&storyID=5601742

The former Medicare chief pressured an agency official to keep secret his
high cost estimates for prescription drug coverage for the elderly =but did
not break the law=, government investigators said Tuesday.

(CheeseNote:    What "Law"...?     LOL..........)

The Office of Inspector General for the Department of Health and Human
Services (HHS) confirmed allegations that former Medicare Administrator Tom
Scully, appointed by President Bush, worked to keep the estimate from
lawmakers as they considered whether to pass the bill last year.

Israel's Renowned Red Sea Corals Near Extinction

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=ourWorldNews&storyID=5597935

"It was one of the most beautiful reefs in the world and believe me I've
seen them all. It was a pearl and it's really very painful to see it
dying," said Professor Yossi Loya, an internationally renowned coral
ecologist.

AP: Iraq Insurgency Larger Than Thought

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-iraq-insurgency,0,4761715.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

BAGHDAD, Iraq -- Contrary to U.S. government claims, the insurgency in Iraq
is led by well-armed Sunnis angry about losing power, not foreign fighters,
and is far larger than previously thought, American military officials say.

The officials told The Associated Press the guerrillas can call on
loyalists to boost their forces to as high as 20,000 and have enough
popular support among nationalist Iraqis angered by the presence of U.S.
troops that they cannot be militarily defeated.

Court to Deliver Opinion on Israel Barrier

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-world-court-israeli-barrier,0,7372646.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

The barrier is a complex of high concrete walls, razor-wire fences,
trenches and watch towers. About one-fourth, or about 100 miles, has been
completed, much of it close to the pre-1967 border although some of it dips
into the West Bank.

Breslin:  "The Grass Can Take It!"

http://www.newsday.com/news/ny-nybres083884313jul08,0,5940567.column?coll=ny-news-wire-utility

Mayor Bloomberg gave $5 Million of his own money to the Republican
Convention.  But his money does not make the rest of us dumb.

The parks people, the police, the mayor, look like cheap liars as for some
reason they try to prevent a rally that would send great noises into the
sky against the Republicans. This rally is for free speech.

He spoke in the surly tone of a government thug.

Breslin:  The Republicans Take Jesus On The Road

http://www.newsday.com/news/ny-nybres063882751jul06,0,6071639.column?coll=ny-news-wire-utility

Christ was talking about the start of the political campaigning when the
Republicans trying to stay in office have started dragging Christ
everywhere, and they will have him out there on the road right up to
Election Day.

Bush Ties to Enron, Big Business Back in Spotlight

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=EAWODSWVBLSYOCRBAELCFFA?type=politicsNews&storyID=5624064

Enron, before it spiraled into a then-record bankruptcy in 2001, was Bush's
biggest political backer heading into the 2000 presidential election and
has made about $623,000 in contributions to his campaigns since 1993, when
he was raising money for his first Texas gubernatorial race.

Solar Storms May Have Torn Away Mars Water - NASA

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=scienceNews&storyID=5623775

Astronomers believe Mars once had oceans of surface water, enough to
support long-ago life, but they have not determined where that water went
some 3.5 billion years

Ridge: Terrorists' aim is to influence presidential vote

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/07/08/ridge.alqaeda/index.html

Schumer said Ridge's announcement shows the need for the Senate to move
quickly on the $33 billion Homeland Security appropriations bill, which he
and other senators said is being delayed by the Senate leadership in favor
of a bill that would limit jury awards in state courts.

2 Sentenced in China for Eating Tiger

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-china-tiger-killers,0,7890155.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

SHANGHAI, China -- A Chinese court sentenced two men to prison for killing
and eating a Siberian tiger, a highly endangered species whose population
in the wild is only about 500, an official newspaper reported Friday.

Zhang Lichen was sentenced to nine years and Gong Weisheng to five years,
the Shanghai Daily reported.

Still, the tigers remain threatened by habitat loss from logging and from
poachers killing them for their pelts and other body parts used in
traditional Chinese medicine.

Senate Intelligence Committee Report Slams CIA, Delays Report on White
House Until After Election

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5395999

Democrats on the Intelligence Committee lost their battle to have Friday's
report incorporate the administration's statements about pre-war
intelligence. Instead, a follow-up report examining White House actions
will be completed after the November election.

150 million toys recalled over lead risks

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5394323/

A recall of toy jewelry over fears of possible lead poisoning is one of the
largest in U.S. history. Parents are urged to throw away the items, which
include rings and bracelets.

'What we have found is that our tests show that about half of all of the
jewelry that you see in vending machines around the country has
unacceptable levels of lead.'

Patriot Act amendment fails in House

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2004/07/09/patriot_act_amendment_fails_in_house/

As the official 15-minute voting period finished, the House appeared to
have approved by a 213-206 vote an amendment that would have required law
enforcement to go to a regular court -- instead of a secret court -- to get
permission to demand library and Internet access records of people it is
investigating.

But House Republican leaders, determined to keep intact a counterterrorism
law passed a month after the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, extending the voting
time to 38 minutes while they won over enough Republicans to bring the vote
to 210-210. The amendment died on the tie vote.

Democrats and a few Republicans -- already angry at the unprecedented,
three-hour vote Republicans held last year to get the Medicare prescription
drug bill approved -- yelled "Shame! Shame!"

In 1987, when then-House Speaker Jim Wright, Democrat of Texas, briefly
adjourned the House to give himself time to wrangle one more vote on a
budget bill, Representative Dick Cheney of Wyoming lashed out at Wright in
the media.

"He's a heavy-handed son of a bitch and he doesn't know any other way to
operate, and he will do anything he can to win at any price. There is no
sense of comity left," Cheney was quoted in the National Journal as saying
at the time.

The Patriot Act passed overwhelmingly in October 2001, with even the most
ardent civil liberties advocates in both parties approving it. But since
then, some lawmakers have said the law goes too far. "Everybody was
panicked. We wanted to do something quickly, so we did it,"

"It's a national embarrassment. They have turned this place into a
laughingstock,"

Where's Lenny Bruce when we need him...............

http://members.aol.com/dcspohr/lenny/aboutlen.htm

Science-fiction writer Harlan Ellison wrote that "The real story of our
times is seldom told in the horse-puckey- filled memoirs of dopey,
self-serving presidents or generals, but in the outrageous, demented lives
of guys like Lenny Bruce, Giordano Bruno, Scott Fitzgerald -- and Paul
Krassner. The burrs under society's saddle. The pains in the ass."

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.