[Mb-civic] Republicans - AntiChristian?

Lyle K'ang lyve at netzero.com
Thu Dec 30 19:06:26 PST 2004

Forum:    the Legislative Issues Forum
Subject:  Republicans - AntiChristian?
From:      (CACTUSROSE77)
To:       (mareseatoats)
DateTime: 12/29/2004 11:44:44 AM

Very good!  I often am amused by what I feel will be the experience of
those who are part of the "Left Behind" syndrome culture...ie those
who think that because they have "been saved" and are "born
again" that their job here on earth is done
  No need to actually practice the precepts of Christ, no need to do good
works, to have compassion for those less fortunate than themselves, to have
compassion for the condition of the unfortunate who cannot help themselves, but
who request a helping hand...no need for these "christians" to extend
that hand up...nope by golly they are SAVED...HALLELUJAH...PRAISE THE LORD... I
am among the Saved..the Born again...I got my free ticket to heaven.....
ah yes...I am smiling because these people are going to be in for a rude
awakening when they come before St. Peter and he looks at the record of their
lives...and asks...Where are your good works?
Excellent summation and points.
BTW, the Protestant fundies are notorious for explaining away their lack of good
works by telling themselves that one isn't "saved" by good works but
by Jesus Christ.  They conveniently ignore the passages in the Bible about
being known by one's "fruits".  They ignore a lot in the Bible.
According to the fundies I was exposed to, their "good"
"works" begin and end with getting others into their churches and
"saved". I compare them to a cult of vampires who feel compelled to
keep swelling their ranks and turning others into undead creatures without
consciences or souls. One fundy church in the town I'm originally from
advertises on a billboard outside the church how many people it has gotten
"saved" to date that year.  This is the same town where a local
restaurant used to have a sign that read, "Jesus Saves   Today's
Special   Meatloaf".  Wheeeeee!  Sanctified meatloaf!
Did I mention that this fundyville town happens to have an unusually high crime
rate?  Especially very brutal, very senseless, and very bloody crime. When
my husband and I were living in Phoenix, I felt a lot safer than I ever felt
back in this NC town. We were a lot safer! I remember reading the statistics for
crime in the various cities that make up Metro-Phoenix.  One thing that
stood out for me was that Gilbert and Chandler with a combined population of I
believe over 100,000 had a combined murder rate the previous year of
6.  And the people were outraged about this!  For a while the town of
under 20,000 that I came from was experiencing 6 murders every 3 months. And it
seemed no one was outraged.
A very big part of why some fundy-dominated communities have such high crime
rates is the way fundies selectively and self-servingly interpret the Bible
and parts of it. There are passages in the Bible about people being born in sin
and none being perfect except Christ. Man is naturally sinful. Some of the more
extreme and twisted of the fundies interpret these passages to mean that not
only can one not do anything about man's basic sinfulness - like have some
standards and ENFORCE them - but that one is sinning and going against God and
is foolish if one tries to or even thinks that one can improve things.
It's the same attitude they have toward poverty because of their
misinterpretation of always having the poor with you. Their sole responsibility
begins and ends with getting people into their churches and "saved".
They believe that only by being "saved" in their particular
denomination (or church in some cases) can one ever be good.  Then it's
supposedly automatic, and "works" don't co
unt
Why do some of the fundies so twist certain passages in the Bible about men not
being good? Because many of these people have a very strong streak of sadism in
them.  Especially the preachers and other leaders.  They get off on
hurting others. They practically salivate at descriptions of people being made
to suffer in he!!. By telling themselves that man is naturally evil, they don't
have to take responsibility for their own cruelty.  Or for enjoying
watching the cruelties of others. Or enabling the cruelties of others. It's all
about avoiding any personal responsibility. It's not about them being sadistic
and needing to sacrifice their love of cruelty on the altar of coming to God and
truly becoming better people.  They attempt to rationalize away their
personal responsibility, their personal faults and deficiencies by telling
themselves that everyone is like they are, and there is nothing abnormal about
them.  At least according to God and the Bible.  Or so they keep
telli
ng
As for the "Left Behind" syndrome folks, a lot of these people believe
that they are going to be taken out of harm's way to a cloud in the sky where
they can enjoy watching what amounts to a cosmic snuff play. Some of them are
doing everything they can to bring about Armageddon, telling themselves that
they are fulfilling God's will and being "Christian".  It is
beyond their understanding that if they really had been "saved", if
they really did have better hearts and souls, that they could not stand to watch
something like this, let alone help to bring so much suffering to so many. But
they won't accept responsibility for anything.  They tell themselves that
this is "God's" will and that they are being "righteous"
with their bringing of and enjoyment of cruelty. What they have done is create
an idol in their own worst image and called it god.

Lyle K'ang,
~~Enterprise Insights: Advanced Tools for Business Communications!~~
http://www.SiloManagement.com
~~Information, Imagination & Musings~~
http://www.Lyve-Oasis.com