[Mb-civic] A Devil's Island for Our Times

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Wed Dec 29 12:31:58 PST 2004

A Devil's Island for Our Times

========
I have now read the article in full and it is excellent. I should have read
it before my comments to Cheeseburger but there we are.  AlBaraka
========

Actually we should have *both* read the article first, LOL, but I'm glad I
didn't (I have now, heh), so I wasn't typing with the foreknowledge that
Scheer wasn't talking about Castro but about Guantanamo the entire
time.  Torture is torture is torture.  I just find it extremely funny of
all places the U.S. would have a "base" to provide torture to everyone and
anyone that it would be sitting on Cuba which we sit around and spurn
endlessly as having "bad people in charge".

Scheer is right, on several levels one can no longer distinguish between a
run of the mill Dictatorship somewhere in the world and America.

That would be great if most Americans realized such a FACT, but most
Republicans are still sitting around patting each other on the back
congratulating themselves because "Hallelujah, Jesus has saved America and
re-elected Bush" like the dimwitted crow fodder they have wound up engendering.

They wouldn't know Jesus nor True Democracy if it bit them on the butt.

I'm glad you didn't pre-read that article before commenting though, it gave
me a chance to read some of your thoughts on Cuba, which remain very
enlightening and you basically nailed it right on the head.  i.e. It's
always nice to have a made to order enemy sitting right on our doorstep off
of Florida for reasons of fear and political manipulation.  Betty Crocker
couldn't have cooked up a better one.

I'm glad I didn't pre-read that article because it gave me a chance to
blabber on about the new Oil discovery which Castro announced just a few
days ago I believe.  Maybe the guys on Guantanamo will do some horizontal
drilling underneath Cuba for it, like the Kuwaitis were doing underneath
Iraq, then Cuba can declare war on Guantanamo for stealing their oil, then
Guantanamo can invade Cuba, finally, instead of just renting Torture Space
on one end of it, lol.

Oh well, heh, it's fun to have an imagination, even in the face of abject
tyranny, torture, and dictatorships disguised as democracies.  Cuba will
probably not be "freed" for quite some time, for as you've so well pointed
out, it's too much of a useful American political tool sitting exactly how
it currently is.

I'm glad Scheer took the time out to point out some of the qualities
America currently possesses and exercises which appear to now be wholely
inseperable from, again, any plain ordinary Dictatorship sitting down the road.

Thanks for your comments, pre-read or not.

Cheeseburger

- Wag the dog..?  Bullshit.  This is wag the entire kennel, baby.  Get your
best stockings out, we're going to a party......