[Mb-civic] A Devil's Island for Our Times

Alexander Harper harperalexander at mail.com
Wed Dec 29 10:39:01 PST 2004

Spot on, Cheese.

Actually it is the USA's policy of blockade of Cuba, which has kept ghastly old Fidel going for all these years. He can blame all their woes on the US and keep the island on a semi-war footing to fight off the 'coming invasion'. Your very own 'Dear Leader', the ineffable George W., has also discovered how brilliantly an outside menace, the threat of a little war or two (i.e. TWAT - such a perfect acronym)can be harnessed to keep americans in their rightful position (that of the frightened ostrich)and nasty foreigners in theirs' (Abu Ghraib, Guantánamo, the cemetery etc). The blockade of Cuba has been 100% counter-productive as far as the people of the US and Cuba are concerned although it does of course have the benefit of rolling in the right wing Miami cuban vote for whomever the incumbent may be come election time. Ah me, happy days...

AlBaraka