[Mb-civic] A Devil's Island for Our Times

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Tue Dec 28 16:46:34 PST 2004

A Devil's Island for Our Times

==========
How can we let this evil persist?

Robert Scheer

December 28 2004

It is time to invade Cuba and put an end to what has become another Devil's
Island in the annals of government-sanctioned torture. The barbaric
treatment of political prisoners on the island is made no more palatable by
being conducted in the name of an ideology that claims to be liberating the
world from its shackles.
=======

1.  I didn't get a chance yet to read the entire article, sorry.

2.  We invaded Cuba once before, it was a fiasco, so far, in the last 45?
years no President nor Congress of the USA have found it palatable to go
back for a rematch against such a giant (lol) as Castro.

3.  The only reason I could see a President or Congress wanting to *now*
invade Cuba and free all the helpless people is because of the recent
announcement by Fidel of a major discovery of Oil there.

4.  Dear Mr. Scheer, let's just be realistic for a moment and rephrase that
paragraph above of yours with the words it should have really been reading:

"It is time to invade Guantanamo and Iraq and put an end to what has become
another Devil's Island in the annals of government-sanctioned torture by
the Military, the Presidency, and the Government of The United States Of
America. The barbaric treatment of political prisoners at Guantanamo and in
Iraq (and Afghanistan) is made no more palatable by being conducted in the
name of an ideology that claims to be liberating the world from its shackles."

Indeed.

I realize, Mr. Scheer, that it is not very logical to actually have to
invade ourselves to put an end to our own government-sanctioned torture and
murder of 10's of thousands (or more) of both "political prisoners" and
plain old ordinary ruthless unarmed men women and children Civilians, but
seriously, who else is left who could do such a job...?

But all in all, it's more likely that we will invade Cuba now that Castro
has announced he has "Found Oil" there, and of course that way we could
also establish a Fallujah gulag in the Caribbean and expand Guantanamo then
with no hassles at all.

It would have been nicer if we could just have prevented our own government
and military from carrying out war crimes and genocide and concocting wars
in The Middle East to secure vast caches of Oil (and Real Estate), but you
just can't have everything, and besides, Cuba is closer.

Don't worry though Mr. Scheer, we're just a little busy right now in The
Middle East establishing military guarded work camps populated with
civilians, razing cities to the ground, making all the citizens take DNA
tests so we can track them when they go to the toilet, and murdering 10's
of thousands of men women and children Civilians in cold blood, but
eventually we'll get to Cuba and turn it into another Iraq Project and then
everyone will be really happy really free and really dead, just like we
like 'em, and then all our cars will run that much longer with the new
Cuban Oil's blessing.

We just have to wait a bit however to spread our Ideology of Love and
Liberty to Cuba as both Jesus and Santa Claus are still busy in The Middle
East doing such a bang up job of spreading Democracy and Freeing The
People, one dead body at a time.