[Mb-civic] US disclosures signal wider detainee abuse

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sun Dec 26 02:27:38 PST 2004

US disclosures signal wider detainee abuse

http://www.boston.com/news/world/articles/2004/12/26/us_disclosures_signal_wider_detainee_abuse/

(excerpt)

WASHINGTON -- A trove of government disclosures forced by a Freedom of
Information Act lawsuit has signaled that the abuse of detainees in Iraq
and at the US naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, was much broader than the
Bush administration has portrayed it since the Abu Ghraib prison scandal
became public this spring.

A heavily redacted internal e-mail from an FBI agent in June, for example,
reported hearing of ''numerous serious physical abuse incidents of Iraqi
civilian detainees . . . strangulation, beatings, placement of lit
cigarettes into the detainees' ear openings, and unauthorized
interrogations" and refers to ''coverup efforts."

Another FBI agent wrote in an e-mail in August of witnessing an
interrogation in Guantanamo:
'
'The A/C had been turned off, making the temperature in the unventilated
room probably well over 100 degrees," the report said. ''The detainee was
almost unconscious on the floor, with a pile of hair next to him. He had
apparently been literally pulling his own hair out throughout the night."

The news is not getting better, is it.......

With our version of the SS now firmly in control and it being Christmas
weekend, I'm getting these mixed emotion hot flashes again.

Time for another rootbeer float, I'm sure it'll all work out.

:|

Cheeseburger

- Cheeseburger leans back in his easy chair, punches pause on the remote,
sucks up some rootbeer float then lets it ooze out of his nose blowing
bubbles hoping somehow that an out of control military with the greatest
technology in the world will all work out for the better somehow........