[Mb-civic] Re: Indecency on the Air, Evolution Atop the F.C.C.

Rhaerther at aol.com Rhaerther at aol.com
Fri Dec 24 09:13:09 PST 2004

It appears Mr. Powell is neglecting parental responsibility and wanting the
FCC to act as Mom and Pop for the entire country.  Personally I don't watch
the majority of crap broadcast on network TV because it is crap.  If the
networks want viewers why don't they concentrate on quality writing and  plot
structure instead of gratuitous tits and ass?  PBS and several cable  outlet
stations seem to have no problem developing or airing good shows.

And if Mr. Powell really wants to be effective, why doesn't he concentrate
on capping station ownership and duopolies so there is greater competition
within the individual marketplaces instead of allowing huge grabs by Clear
Channel, Murdoch, etc. to control the national marketplace?

In working as a presenter I learned long ago what it appears the  people want
and what they will pay to see and hear are not always the  same.  Maybe the
FCC and network execs should get there butts out  of their chairs and
proactively find out for themselves what people really want  instead of reacting to
email campaigns organized by a minority of people.

Richard H