[Mb-civic] My Fight Against American Phantoms

michael at intrafi.com michael at intrafi.com
Tue Dec 21 15:11:58 PST 2004

This story was sent to you by: michael butler

--------------------
My Fight Against American Phantoms

Islamic scholar's revoked visa is a sign of the times.

By Tariq Ramadan
Islamic scholar Tariq Ramadan's most recent book is "Western Muslims and the Future of Islam" (Oxford University Press, 2003). His website is www.tariq ramadan.com.

December 21 2004

Over the last four years, I have visited the United States more than 20 times. I have lectured on philosophy and Islam at numerous academic institutions from Dartmouth to Stanford and at organizations from the Brookings Institution to the United States Institute of Peace. I was invited to a meeting organized by former President Clinton, and I spoke before officials of the CIA.

The complete article can be viewed at:
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-ramadan21dec21,0,3533247.story

Visit latimes.com at http://www.latimes.com