[Mb-civic] Bush's visit to Canada did not impress (poll)

Harold Sifton harry.sifton at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 10 19:31:28 PST 2004

8 of 10 Canadians polled where not impressed by Bush's visit!

http://sympaticomsn.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1102550416947_75?hub=Canada

The sad division between Canada and the US is only going to get greater. Too bad so sad.......

How this US administration got re-elected I really do not know, other than being a controlled re-election bought $ by the ignorant selfish right.

America's ignorance is it's own worst enemy.

The Christen Right thing is so shallow, it lacks true/any spiritualism, it's an empty desperate grasp at reason for life and community values !

America is a lost soul, it's consumerism lifestyle propagated by marketing/entertainment has created a strange society.

European, Asian, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand etc.. communities have a sense of culture, that have keep them centered.

Americas culture has lost itself, it's so consumer orientated (keeping up with the Jones's) that it has no or little value what so ever to good to the community.

To bad so sad......... long live J Lo and Arnold etc....

Why is a Baseball, Golfer, Football, Actor, Musician, NASCAR Racer worth million$ of dollars in contracts...... entertainment ?
Just stop paying for it and see what happens.
The issue of downloading music is not by the musicians it's by the predators of their art, the agents, lawyers, and business personal of the companies that mange their business looking for funds to justify their jobs.

American values (generalising) is of celebrating the celebrity, i.e. Madonna, Hollywood etc......Therefore I can see the Christen Right doing their thing, because of the values that are out there, but they have just gone to fanatical. Lost it!

The yins and yangs are so dynamic that there is a great need for a social cultural life value re-think revolution in America.

I'm on a rant, so I will get out of here.

Later H