[Mb-civic] Escape to Canada

Harold Sifton harry.sifton at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 2 20:56:15 PST 2004

Hey Team, love you dearly.

But as a Canadian, I really do not want any limp wristed quitters coming into Canada.

I pay high taxes to gladly support my countries needs/philosophies.

I do not want to support losers from America. (all jokes and fun aside)

A great amount (many) American draft dodgers of the 60/70's abused the Canadian Unemployment Insurance program. Work for 16 weeks and collect for a year. The UPI (Unemployment Insurance) Ski Team in Whistler BC were all/mostly Americans in the 70's. I know, because I use to ski there in the 70's.

Our system is set up for those that contribute, that have hardship etc....
It is abused by those that do not want to work ..........

I have no problem welcoming people who want to embrace the Canadian culture/economy.

I have a problem with those that quit their own culture and run to ours as an easy solution to their personal needs.

Fight the good fight in your neighbourhood, if it does not work, then look to moving to Canada and getting involved with "our" culture and fight to have/preserve the opportunities our great county Canada has.

Quitting America is a feather in the Christen Rights hat, acknowledging loss of liberty is another feather.

Good Luck