[Mb-civic] A Failure of Accountability

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sun Aug 29 13:31:53 PDT 2004

Re:  A Failure of Accountability

"Uncle Cheeseburger.....!!"

"Yes, kids..."

"You've read us that story over and over and over..."

"Yeah, I know, but it makes me laugh every time I read it..."

"Why is it so funny, Uncle Cheeseburger...?"

"Uh, hehe...  Well, that was The Beginning...  How it all
started...  That's how you got those little numbers imbedded in your arms
that glow in the dark..."

"We like our numbers, Uncle Cheeseburger...!!"

"Yes, yes, I know you do, kids, but it's still funny that that is how it
all started...  The Presidency, the White House, the Pentagon, the CIA, the
Congress, the FBI, the State Department, the National Security Council, the
Military, the You Name It, they all had finally decided they were all above
the Laws of America, of the World, and of Common Decency and Humanity.  And
then when cries arose from the peanut gallery in protest, they responded
that no one should worry, that they were Investigating Themselves.  That
Justice, Democracy, and Freedom were Still in good hands.  And nobody
blinked an eye or did anything to stop it as it was all happening......."

"Why are you crying if it is all so funny, Uncle Cheeseburger....?"

"Uh, sniffle, uh, ummm, well, that's another story..."

"Then tell us why there are now only 2 people on the Supreme Court.  What
happened to the other 7...?"

"That story fits right in with the other story, but it's a real long one
too..."

"Uncle Cheeseburger............!!"

"Yes, kids...."

"Stop crying, dammit...!!   You're getting the rolling papers all wet and
you know they cost $42 a pack......!!"

"Oh....  Oh, yeah....   Sorry, kids....   It's late...  I'm going to bed...."

"Night, Uncle Cheeseburger...."

"Night, kids...."

Click.

"He's such a cry baby...."

"Yeah, I know..."

"Do you think any of that stuff Uncle Cheeseburger read to us is true...?"

"Probably not.  You remember what Mama said 'Uncle Cheeseburger is living
in the past, we live in the future'....."

"Yeah, I remember..."

"Besides, who cares, they still all investigate themselves today, what's
the big deal...?"

"Yeah, I don't know why Uncle Cheeseburger gets all worked up over some
silly little things like entire governments and all its agencies etc
investigating themselves..."

"He's a cry baby, that's why...."

"Yeah, I guess you're right...."

"Besides, I like my number...."

"Yeah, me too...  Except I wanted a blue one, but all I got was this crummy
purple one, and they gave you a blue one....."

"Go to sleep..."

"Ok...."

"Night, Judi..."

"Night, Jimi......."

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.