[Mb-civic] U.S. Military Doctors Aid Torture in Gitmo, Afghanistan, Iraq

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Fri Aug 20 04:05:41 PDT 2004

U.S. Military Doctors Aid Torture in Gitmo, Afghanistan, Iraq

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-torture-doctors,0,872117.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

Amazing crap.  You really should read this one.  It's very short.  Horrible
stuff.

"Health care workers should now break their silence," the New England
Journal Of Medicine said. "Those who were involved or witnessed
ill-treatment need to give a full and accurate account of events at Abu
Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay. Those who are still in positions where dual
commitments prevent them from putting the rights of their patients above
other interests should protest loudly and refuse cooperation with
authorities."

In his article, Miles dismissed Pentagon officials putting the blame for
the abuse on poor training, understaffing, racism, pressure to procure
intelligence and the stress of war.

U.S. Military:  "Don't worry, though, we're still =investigating
ourselves=.  America is in good hands.  Honest."

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.