[Mb-civic] religion

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Thu Aug 19 20:36:41 PDT 2004

Re:  religion

Richard Haase wrote:

=====
well its also a matter of interpretation robin
=====

A vast understatement that has caused MILLIONS of innocent people their
lives throughout History.

=======
when christ says there is no way to the father but through me
that can be taken to mean that one cannot reach god
but by leading a godly christlike way of life
=======

One can "interpret" almost anything in the world almost any way one
chooses.  However in this case:

No.

In "Mainstream Christianity", as well as "The Bible" itself, it is rather
very specific that "he who doesn't accept Jesus Christ as lord and saviour
is 'doomed to eternal damnation' ".

Jesus himself made it quite clear that he was "the way, the truth, and the
life" and that "none come unto my father except through me".

All other "surrounding" texts make it quite clear that "THIS" is not only
"The Religion" but the *Crux* of the entire religion to begin with.

"Salvation through Jesus Christ".

Everything else wound up being cake frosting in comparison with that
central dogma.

After all, Jesus was "the son of god" himself.  Sent to "save humanity from
their sins" by "sacrificing himself" on "the altar" before "his father" and
the "dregs of humanity".

Again, if you do not believe that rather "central" concept of "Mainstream
Christianity", which avows that one must "recognize and admit that Jesus
was the son of God, died on the cross for the sins of humanity, and that
there is no way to Heaven except through him" you're basically, whether
they tell you to your face or not, blackballed from "Mainstream Christianity".

==========
nowhere in the bible does it say that the text is the unpurgated word of
god nor that every word should be followed absolutely literally in its
simplest as opposed to broader broadest connotation
=========

Beep.   Wrong.    Guess again.

It says *EXACTLY THAT* just about **EVERYWHERE** throughout the bible.

The End.

======
a virtuous atheist is acceptable in the sight of god
no question
======

If you can sell that idea to "Mainstream Christianity", there's a monorail
subway system on the moon I would like you to buy.

Even though even Jesus himself once said, among so many other things,
something like "Only my Father in Heaven can judge the people", nobody in
"Mainstream Christianity" will touch your above statement with a 10 foot
pole nor ever even *mildly* consider it as "rational" without sticking a
knife in your back at the same time.

======
and god didnt make one billion budhiists and a billion muslims
to toss them into hell
=======

If they "don't accept Jesus Christ as their personal lord and savior,
confessing him to be the son of god, born of virgin, taught, crucified,
risen from the dead on the 3rd day, brought here to die for the sins of
mankind", then "Mainstream Christianity" dooms them to Hell without a
reprieve, for the rest of eternity.

The End again.

=====
that is the lie of elements of organized christianity
who have tried to decrease the size of the flock of god
at their whim
======

*Those*, among others, are the "lies" told by =many=, not just "organized
christianity", and have been told and continue to be told for various
sundry reasons, among others as simply an inheritance throughout "the ages".

And which have, again, cost MILLIONS of innocent people their lives
throughout History.

And continue to cost them their lives even today.

Ah, but it's just "a religion", whadya got to lose...

We could forget "Mainstream Christianity" and go into a discussion of
India's "Caste System" and open a REAL can of worms, LOL.....

Wanna piss people in India off and gamble with your life...?  Just berate
their "Caste System" as archaic and barbarian or somesuch and sit back and
see who grabs for their knife first.

All in all, "Mainstream Christianity" today, in America, is full of shit.

They have been for a long time.

They sit around and even elect Presidents these days.

They have been manipulated by their "Leaders" for so long that they have
almost completely forgotten the "good parts" of any "scriptures", old or
new testaments, and remain putty in the hands of those who "Interpret The
Word Of God" for them, who many have been usurpers, scoundrels, and false
prophets since before the time Jesus Christ even arrived in some manger.

And continue to be so.

Many will backbite you, blackball you, ostracize you, gossip you to death,
lie about you, and ruin both you, your business, and your reputation, until
you and your family decide to just pack up your bags and leave town, if you
don't immediately agree with them 100 percent on "all points of religion"
and kiss their ass.

And then they'll telephone their people in the next town and tell them
you're coming.

There *are* =some= "True" Christians still hanging around here and there on
planet earth.  Those people I like.  They don't cram their religion down
your throat, and they are more akin to "The Good Samaritan" (there was a
whole little story there about him).  He stopped to help some people who
needed help, he didn't tell them they were going to hell if they didn't
believe in Jesus etc etc etc, etc, he finished helping them, then walked on
down the road.

That was *it*.  *It* was apparently so significant that *it* even made it
into "the bible".

That reminds me of the story when one day Jesus was walkin along with his
disciples, it was May 7th, I believe, about 3 in the afternoon, and his
disciples saw someone off to the side "casting out demons" and "using
Jesus' name" to do it.  Jesus' disciples got all pissed off and turned to
Jesus and said something like "Look at that asshole, Jesus, he's casting
out demons and using your name to do it but HE'S NOT WITH US.  We want to
go beat the crap out of him NOW...!!"  I think Jesus said something like
"Hey, don't worry about it" and kept walking down the road.

All in all, no matter how you slice it, "Mainstream Christianity", among so
many others, has so very long to go to ever even approach catching up to
Jesus himself, much less his actual "teachings".

And they're so busy condemning everyone but themselves that they have
absolutely no time left to look into it.

Although they sit on the front pew of the church every Sunday morning and
profess their piety, purity, and charity to whomever can still stomach
their licentious ravings without puking.

Hey, for some of them, it is all they have ever known, it is all they have,
shallowness or not.  Often I cannot fault them for that.  But as for the
rest, they knew better eons ago.

I once wrote something like "Seek the light, my son, for the darkness is
everywhere and seeks your soul....".  It was a Thursday, about 4:30
pm.  Jesus was in the next town turning water into wine listening to his
mom nag him.

Today is no exception.

Nor will Tomorrow be.........

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.