[Mb-civic] ACLU Files First Nationwide Challenge to “No-Fly” List

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at webtv.net
Tue Aug 17 13:11:54 PDT 2004

What an imagination you have Cheeseburger, thank you for sharing.

peace,
barbara
>Date: Tue, Aug 17, 2004, 2:56am (EDT-1)
>To: mb-civic at islandlists.com
>From: Cheeseburger <maxfury at granderiver.net>  >ACLU Files First
Nationwide Challenge to "No-Fly"
>List

http://www.aclu.org/SafeandFree/SafeandFree.cfm?ID=15430&c=272&cfnocache=true

April 6, 2004

WASHINGTON – A member of the military, a retired Presbyterian minister
and a college student are among seven U.S. citizens who have joined the
first nationwide, class-action challenge to the government's "No-Fly"
list filed today by the American Civil Liberties Union.

http://www.aclu.org/SafeandFree/SafeandFree.cfm?ID=12740&c=206

The ACLU has filed a nationwide class-action challenge to the
government's "No-Fly" list. Many innocent travelers who pose no safety
risk whatsoever are discovering that their government considers them
terrorists -- and find that they have no way to find out why they are on
the list, and no way to clear their names.

"Uncle Cheeseburger...............!!"
"Yes, kids....."
"You said you never fly anymore...."
"No, kids, no I don't. I only drive now..."
"Are you on the No-Fly list, Uncle Cheeseburger....?"
"Uh, no, kids, uh, I, uh, I just like to drive a few thousand miles and
take days or weeks to get where I'm going instead of a few hours..."
"It's more fun like that, Uncle Cheeseburger...?"
"Uh, well, uh, umm, uh, yes, kids, it's much more fun that way..."
"You're so funny, Uncle Cheeseburger... Hehehehe... You're just stoned
again and forgot already you told us how they banned you from flying
ever again....   Hehehehe.....!!"
"Uh, I did....?"
"Hehehehehe.... You're SO funny, Uncle Cheeseburger, hehehe....!!"
"Uh, I guess I did.... fwwwwssshhhhhhhhhfffffff....."
"You're bogarting again, Uncle Cheeseburger....... :| :|   "
"(squeaky voice) Ah, sorry, kids, here you go.... Good stuff....."
"Yes, we know, Uncle Cheeseburger....."
Knock knock.
"Oh, crap, who the hell is that...? Judi, go see who it is...."
"I'm not going...!! Let Jimi go, it's his turn...!!"
"Oh, crap, ok, Judi, I'll go, but next time it's your turn...!!"
Off Jimi goes to see who is at the door.
Back Jimi comes.....
"So, who is it, Jimi....?"
"It's those FBI agents again. They're still looking for you, Uncle
Cheeseburger..."
"Oh, crap. Crap crap crap.... What did you tell them....?"
"I told them what you always tell me to tell them, Uncle Cheeseburger,
that Uncle Cheeseburger died last year of Influenza and it was terrible
and his face turned all green and he coughed so much that his eyeballs
exploded and blew gooey stuff all over the kitchen walls...."
"Ah... Good boy, Jimi.... fwwsshhhhhhhwwwsshhhffff.... Did you cry
also...?"
"Yes, Uncle Cheeseburger, I always cry when I tell them that story...."
"Uncle Cheeseburger, you're bogarting again..........!!"
"(squeaky voice) Oh, ok, sorry, here you go......"
"You're starting to look a little strange, Uncle Cheeseburger, you're
turning green and your eyes are looking funny......"
"Huh...? Really....? Oh, shit...."
"Yeah, you better go to bed and lay down for a while, Uncle
Cheeseburger..."
"Oh, no.... sigh... I... I need to go lay down for a while. I'm so
tired... Night, kids...."
"Night, Uncle Cheeseburger...."
Click.
"Is he gone....?"
"Yes, he's gone now...."
"He always buys that stuff when he's high...."
"Hehehe....."
"Yeah, I know, he's so stupid, hehehehe....."
"Did you put the cricket out in the hall this time...?"
"I thought you were going to, it's your turn..."
"It's not my turn, it's your turn....."
"Oh, crap...."
"Oh, crap........"
"cccccchhhhhhhHHHHHIIIRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP.......!!!!!!!!!"
"He's going to do that for hours again, isn't he, sigh......."
"Well, hehe, ffffwwsssssshhhhhhssshhhhffff... (squeaky voice) Yes, yes
he
is..... hehehe..."
"Hehehehe.........."
"Do you think we'll ever get to fly in an airplane...?"
"With Uncle Cheeseburger as our uncle.....?"
"Oh... Yeah....   I know...   Sorry, I forgot......."
"Night, Jimi..."
"Night, Judi....."
            :|     :|

The children slowly drift off to sleep with tears in their little eyes
dreaming of one day setting their cricket free from its cage to watch it
fly all over the world for them......

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.