[Mb-civic] Israel & Syria: Peace or War..? Ask Me Later.....

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Fri Aug 13 01:35:32 PDT 2004

Israel & Syria:  Peace or War..?  Ask Me Later.....

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-israel-syria,0,7690081.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

Israel can defend its northern border even if it gives up the strategic
Golan Heights in a peace deal with Syria, Israel's army chief said in an
interview published Friday.

However, Yaalon warned that Syria still represents a threat to Israel's
security and that the two countries could once again find themselves
engaged in a war.

"I cant ignore the scenario where an escalation on the Lebanese front leads
to a confrontation between the two armies," he said.

Yaalon noted that Syria has "missiles that put all of Israel in range and
chemical capabilities."

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.