[Mb-civic] It's Time to Bench 'Team B' Second-guessing the CIA has led the U.S. Astray.

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sun Aug 8 22:47:49 PDT 2004

Re:  It's Time to Bench 'Team B' Second-guessing the CIA has led the U.S.
Astray.

Richard Haase wrote:

"cheeseburger find me some money for an anti bush piece"

Uncle Cheeseburger reaches into his right pocket, pulls it out, and a piece
of blue lint falls to the floor.

He reaches into his left pocket and finds a tootsie roll he forgot he put
there =3= weeks ago.

Hmmm....  LOL........

Ok, Richard, what's my cut if I "find you some money"......?

:)

Will somebody PLEASE help Richard find some $ to do his Anti-Bush piece
near Madison Square Garden and the Republican Convention before it winds up
being too late........?

If you live in Manhattan, or don't, help hook Richard up with some money
people to do this piece, sounds like a worthwhile venture.

How much $ are you talking about, though, Richard...?

Put up a $ amount here so I can see what ballpark we're in.

However, again, regardless of any responses from anyone hanging around
nearby, go to "The Democrats" there in Manhattan.

Don't think about it, just DO IT.  And NOW.

Not only do they have $, but I'm *quite* sure they'd be willing to put it
up in your project, especially since the timing is right and the location
that you are presenting it in.

Also, go to "The Protestors".  The people =organizing= the "protests" to
the Republican National Convention up there.

Repeating, not only do they *also* have some $, but I'm quite sure they'd
be *more* than willing to put it up in your project, especially since,
again, the timing is right and the location that you are presenting it in
is as well.

*Both* those groups, plenty of em in Manhattan there etc, are *very* pissed
off about "Bush", and have *tons* of $ floating around just looking for a
project like yours.

If I was in Manhattan right now, which I'm not, I would personally find out
who is near "The Top" of those 2 "organizations", there in *Manhattan*, and
walk right into their offices, put the proposal on their desks, and most
likely walk out with the $ you need.

But I'm not there, so I can't do that for you, which, if I *was* there, I
would gladly do.

Just do it.

What have you got to lose....?   Nothing.

That remains my *best* advice as to where to "find the $" for this project,
which, again, you better find it fast as time is literally ticking down
swiftly to the RNC, and if you get the $ you will need all the
pre-publicity you can get amid the swirling horrors that are to soon emerge
from both side's spin doctors the closer we get to Election Day.

If I were in Manhattan, which I'm not, between "The Democrats", "The
Protestors", and "The Theater People", I would probably be able to get your
your $ within one day.

But I'm not, and cannot just "take off" from what I'm in the middle of, so
that leaves it up to you to do it.   And now.

I hope you have a kickass script, or part of one, up and running to show
these people.

Put some $ in your pocket, put on your best walking shoes, and hit the
streets of Manhattan and get in touch with those "Three Groups" I have
listed above.

More than likely, out of those 3, you should have no problem whatsoever
getting the $ for this project.

Other than the possibility of someone here reading this and just giving you
the $ for it, that remains my best assessment and advice on the situation.

There's $ sitting out there right now in Manhattan just waiting and begging
to be invested in your project, Richard, and THE TIMING IS PERFECT, all you
have to do is go knock on the doors, one by one, until you find the right one.

Again.....  Don't think about it, just do it.  The more doors you knock on,
the better chance you have of finding "that one person" who can and will
easily finance your project.

Knock fast, time is running out.

The above is a portion of what I learned from working for Joseph
Papp.  Among other ways of doing it, he realized that the simplicity of
just walking up to someone face to face and asking them for huge sums of
money to finance theatrical projects was still a viable way of "getting
things done".  Between him and Bernie Gerstein, my education was complete.

Often, they never waited for $ to *come* to them.  They went out and *got* it.

They were *constantly* *always* looking for New Donors.  New theatrical Angels.

And they never let a "No" or "Sorry" stop them or delay them for an instant
from knocking on the next door.

Regardless, the clock is ticking on a project like this which already has a
time "deadline" to be effective.

Try those 3 above "Groups".  Just put on your walking shoes, and knock on
every door in that city.

Just remember, if this pans out, you owe me BIG TIME, Richard.

:)

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.