[Mb-civic] A Personal note from Leonard :-)

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at webtv.net
Wed Aug 4 21:09:59 PDT 2004

Greetings From All Tribes Reservation in Leavensworth, Kansas. Eh!

I thought I should start with a little humor but in reality there isn't
much to laugh at around here. On a more serious side, I sincerely want
to thank all of you for your continued support throughout these past
years. I also want to apologize for not having a representative at the
last Commemoration gathering, although in reality all of you represent
me in one way or another; for we are one people; one heart, one
commitment, one cause. We must continue our struggle together to make a
better future for our children and our children's children - the future
generations. I have good days and bad days here, but I have always felt
it an honor to belong to the Oglala community.

A number of legal things have been happening regarding my case. Some of
them look very positive, however, I am sure the opposition will go to
whatever lengths necessary to prevent me from regaining my freedom. As
with the Arlo Looking Cloud testimony, it is plain to see that they can
coerce witnesses to say anything they want them to say. Always, always
remember that it is they who brought the violence to us, not us to them.
We were right to stand up for our people then and it is right to stand
up for our people now.

I know some of you were too young to know the bitterness of those times
but those of you who remember, definitely know the people involved did
the right thing and were within our treaty and constitutional rights as
well as within our spiritual rights.

When you dance for the people, dance one for me. When you sing for the
people, sing one for me. You are always in my prayers, my thoughts, and
my heart.

Yours in the Spirit of Crazy Horse, always and.in all ways.

Leonard Peltier