[Mb-civic] Good quotes....and an executive resume

ean at sbcglobal.net ean at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 3 20:28:20 PDT 2004

 1st, some cool quotes, then a resume which you may have seen before but
it's updated....

Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life.
Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out
death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even
the wise cannot see all ends.
		--Gandalf, speaking to Frodo
from the  Lord Of the Rings, Book Four, Chapter  One
  by J.R.R. Tolkein

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.
		---Groucho Marx

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
		---Martin Luther King Jr.  Letter from Birmingham
Jail, April 16, 1963

I like to believe that people in the long run are going to do more
to promote peace than our governments. Indeed, I think that
people want peace so much that one of these days
governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.
		---Dwight D. Eisenhower

Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial
reasons.
		---Bertrand Russell

"My country, right or wrong," is a thing that no patriot would
think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying, "My
mother, drunk or sober."
		---G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all
other countries because you were born in it.
		---George Bernard Shaw

You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face
reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
			---Malcolm X

One is left with the horrible feeling now that war settles nothing;
that to win a war is as disastrous as to lose one.
		---Agatha Christie

Either war is obsolete or men are.
		---R. Buckminster Fuller

One day President Roosevelt told me that he was asking
publicly for suggestions about what the war should be called. I
said at once 'The Unnecessary War'.
		---Sir Winston Churchill

This individual seeks an executive position. He will be available next
January, and is willing to relocate.

GEORGE W. BUSH
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 2052

EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:

Law Enforcement: I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976
for
driving under the influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and
had my driver's license suspended for 30 days. My Texas driving
record
has been "lost" and is not available.

Military: I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL. I
refused
to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug use. By
joining the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty
in
Vietnam.

College: I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. I was
cheerleader.

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE: I ran for U.S. Congress and lost. I
began my
career in the oil business in Midland, Texas, in 1975. I bought an oil
company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas. The company went
bankrupt
shortly after I sold all my stock. I bought the Texas Rangers baseball
team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money. With
the
help of my father and our friends in the oil industry (including Enron
CEO Ken Lay), I was elected governor of Texas.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS:

- I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies,
making Texas the most polluted state in the Union. During my tenure,
Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in
America.

- I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions
in borrowed money.

- I set the record for the most executions by any governor in
American
history.

- With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida, and my father's
appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President after losing
by
over 500,000 votes.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:

- I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal
record.
- I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over
one billion dollars per week.

- I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S.
Treasury.
- I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S. history.

- I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any
12-month period.

- I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.

- I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U.S.
stock market. In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost
their jobs and that trend continues every month.

- I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any
administration in U.S. history. My "poorest millionaire,"Condoleeza
Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.

- I set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips by a U.S.
President.

- I am the all-time U.S. and world record-holder for receiving the most
corporate campaign donations.

- My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best
friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy
fraud in U.S. History, Enron.

- My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to
assure my success with the U.S. Supreme Court during my election
decision.

- I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against
investigation or prosecution. More time and money was spent
investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent
investigating one of the biggest corporate rip-offs in history. I
presided over the biggest energy crisis in U.S. history and refused to
intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed.

- I presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history.

- I changed the U.S. policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded
government contracts.

- I appointed more convicted criminals to administration than any
President in U.S. history.

- I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy
in the history of the United States government.
- I've broken more international treaties than any President in U.S.
history.

- I am the first President in U.S. history to have the United Nations
remove the U.S. from the Human Rights commission.

- I withdrew the U.S. from the World Court of Law.
- I refused to allow inspector's access to U.S. "prisoners of war"
detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva
Convention.

- I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election
inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. election).

- I set the record for fewest numbers of press conferences of any
President since the advent of television.

- I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year
period. After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the
worst security failure in U.S. history.

- I garnered the most sympathy ever for the U.S. after the World
Trade
Center attacks and less than a year later made the U.S. the most
hated
country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.

- I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to
simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people),
shattering the record for protests against any person in the history of
mankind.

- I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked,
pre-emptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I
did so against the will of the United Nations, the majority of U.S.
citizens, and the world community.

- I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in
duty benefits for active duty troops and their families in wartime.

- In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for
attacking Iraq and then blamed the lies on our British friends.

- I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans
(71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and
security.

- I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster,"
a WMD.

- I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden to
justice.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

-All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my father's
library, sealed and unavailable for public view.

- All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my
bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public
view.

- All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-President,
attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and
unavailable for public review.

-----

--
You are currently on Mha Atma's Earth Action network email list, option C (up
to 1 email/day).  To be removed, or to switch options (option A - 1x/week,

Action is the antidote to despair.  ----Joan Baez